Major Gifts Associate Director
· Oversees and conducts a variety of fundraising activities in order to secure major gifts from individual donors, foundations and corporation; focusing on soliciting gifts of $25,000 and greater.
· Manages relationships with prospective donors, and identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards these associates of the institution.
· Coordinates fundraising-related activities in support of Foundation development and institutional goals.
· Builds and maintains a portfolio of donors in targeted communities.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Verifiable experience in raising major gifts ($25,000+) from individual donors
· Experience securing grants from foundations and corporations
· Excellent speaking and writing skills
· Ability to make successful public presentations
· Identifies, cultivates and solicits major and planned gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations throughout an assigned territory, while educating potential donors on cancer research, innovations, and opportunities for donor investment.
· Works collaboratively with the institution's Foundation officers offering prospect strategy counsel.
· Secures support for institutional priorities that include: endowed chairs, research, unrestricted support, facility renovations, new facilities, and other related improvements.
· Provides counsel to the Vice President on outreach programming in the Major Gift Associate Director's assigned territory.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree
· Three (3) years of successful, verifiable experience in raising major gifts ($25,000+) from individual donors, with additional experience in securing grants from foundations and corporations. Minimum of five (5) years of internal Moffitt experience in other areas will be considered.
· Resume should include amounts raised in each previous position.
· Excellent speaking writing and public presentation skills
· Masters degree