The Director will define and lead engagement with the ORIEN Patient Advisory Council members and will play an integral role in cultivating partnerships with patient advocacy organizations, creating education and awareness programs, and building sustainable relationships between the Company and patient/caregiver advocacy communities in oncology. The position will significantly contribute to and implement patient-focused initiatives at M2Gen that will enhance the value to patients participating in the Total Cancer Care Protocol and ORIEN Avatar. The position will lead the generation of patient communication and outreach and leverage research outcomes to inform strategies for the discovery, development, and delivery of personalized patient care. This position will actively engage ORIEN members to identify and implement patient-focused initiatives and research projects that will translate to better patient outcomes and enhanced collaborative learning. The Director will develop novel and educational approaches to engage patients and national advocacy groups to expand the impact of Total Cancer Care.
Job Specific Duties:
· Serve as subject matter expert in M2Gen initiatives focused on collected PRO and other patient self-reported data
· Develop key relationships with national cancer patient advocacy groups such as MMRF, ACS, Susan G Komen, etc.
· Inform and maintain patient-focused content on M2Gen managed websites, and social media, working with appropriate M2Gen team members
· Develop approaches, including research protocols/consents to engage patients on an ongoing basis to understand and meet need
· Provide patient advocate perspective to M2Gen initiatives
· Develop relevant educational materials for patients enrolled in Total Cancer Care
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· A Master's Degree in healthcare, social science, public health. A Ph.D., or MD/DO Preferred.
· 5-10 years progressive experience and demonstrated success in patient engagement, education and/or research in oncology. Passion for patient advocacy with a deep understanding of the patient's perspective and experience. Demonstrated experience leading, developing and implementing company strategy with advocacy groups and outcomes.
· Evaluation and research methods.
· Development of Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) tools and platforms.
· Development of digital materials and tools in highly regulated environment (e.g. FDA, IRB)
· Strong working knowledge of human subject's research and related regulations.
· Exceptional organization skills and passionate commitment with demonstrated ability for leading complex initiatives in oncology.
· Demonstrated ability to cultivate and build mutually beneficial working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively with cross functional partners and independently to achieve shared goals.
· Strong track record of success in program development and execution within timelines and budgets.
· Approximately 20% travel required.