The M2Gen Medical Informatics Analyst I supports feasibility assessment, analytical, data transfer, and honest broker needs at M2Gen in support of the Oncology Research Information Exchange Network (ORIEN) operations and third party research project activities. This person will be required to meet with key stakeholders as part of functional teams to synthesize requirements for complex data queries across multiple platforms or data marts. The M2Gen Medical Informatics Analyst I performs complex data queries/analysis, ad hoc reporting, data mining, pattern and trend analysis to complete research and analysis projects using various medical data sets.
A successful candidate can function using multiple computer platforms, navigate different reporting systems, and applies designated analytic tool sets for element mapping and report validation. This position also provides assessments of existing data resources in support of M2Gen data requests. This position may interact with physicians, researchers, administrators and hospital staff (internal and external) as part of team assignments to provide prompt and accurate data in compliance applicable regulatory and protocol guidelines.
Job Specific Functions:
· Performs data analysis, ad hoc reporting, data mining, pattern and trend analysis to complete research and analysis projects using healthcare data.
· Conducts data audit, data quality assurance and quality review procedures datasets/databases, as needed, and reviews quality reports from ORIEN Members or Pharma clients.
· Merges and transforms disparate data sets into useable formats for M2Gen or external data consumers, using custom and industry standard ontologies and variable sets as necessary.
· Will interact with clinical and research staff (internal and external) to provide data request support as part of functional teams.
· Collaborates with members of M2Gen Medical Informatics, M2Gen IT, Business Development & Alliance Management, and ORIEN Member Relations to complete complex data integration requests and for quality control issues.
· Applies knowledge of statistical analyses and database management skills to assist in M2Gen Medical Informatics support functions.
· Creates summary reports based on pilot data and requests from Medical Informatics leadership.
· Ensuring data files are transferred according to established M2Gen protocols.
· Performs other relevant duties as required and assigned.
The ideal candidate:
· Minimum two (2) years' experience in a hospital, research, or healthcare environment is required, with a high degree of accuracy and analytic ability using clinical data sets derived from a variety of sources.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in data management, review and data quality procedures and implementation of data control processes.
· Ability to multitask independently and as part of functional teams a must.
· Minimum three (3) years of science-related laboratory and clinical data and/or research data project management experience preferred
· Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, Health Sciences, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, or other related field. Master's Degree preferred.