ORIEN Avatar brings the nation's leading cancer centers and biopharmaceutical companies together in a first-of-its kind initiative to share and study "big data" within a cutting-edge informatics environment.
The primary responsibilities of the Principal Biostatistician include statistically design and review of clinical trials, real world observational studies, define data collection methods, procedures and analysis plans, execute and report analysis results. The responsibilities also include analyzing expression data, sequencing data, together with clinical/phenotypic data to better segment responders from non-responders, and work with IT to set up data management, statistical analysis programs and platforms to support clinical and real world studies. This position will also work with Business Development team to draft and communicate the statistical analysis plan to respond to pharma requested projects.
The successful candidate should be expert in biostatistics, experienced in biomarker applications in clinical trials, experienced in analyzing real world sparse clinical data. The candidate should also be familiar with software packages like SAS, S-Plus, R, Rstudio, track records of problem solving and publication on clinical trials, track records of leading clinical trial design and data analysis and reporting.
Experience and Education Required:
· PhD in Statistics or biostatistics
· 7+ years of experience of clinical trials and real world evidence studies
· Expert in statistical methodology
· Expert in designing biomarker based clinical trials
· Track record of publication
The Ideal Candidate demonstrates:
· Deep knowledge in statistical analysis tools like SAS, S-Plus
· Good knowledge in bioinformatics tools like R, Rstudio
· Knowledge in cancer biomarkers, cancer drug pipelines
· Knowledge about microarray data, NGS and proteomics data
· Excellent communication skills in oral and writing English
Note: This position may be based in Tampa, FL or Boston, MA