ORIEN Avatar brings the nation's leading cancer centers and biopharmaceutical companies together in a first-of-its kind initiative to share and study "big data" within a cutting-edge informatics environment.
The primary responsibility of the Principal Statistician for RWED (Real World Evidence Data) is statistically analyzing real world evidence data from cancer patients. The real world evidence data may include clinical data from EMR, data from abstraction of physician notes, patient reported data, molecular data from various commercial or home grown CLIA assays. This position will also be responsible for leading the discussions with epidemiology or real world data department in various pharmaceutical companies to design studies, draft, communicate and gain approval of statistical analysis plans, execute statistical analysis and report the results. The person will also work with M2Gen's Clinical Informatics group to clean, QC clinical data for ORIEN members and industry sponsors, develop and statistically validate models based on real world data.
This person will also lead IT effort to set up data management, statistical analysis programs and platforms to support real world studies, and work with Business Development team to draft and communicate responses to pharma requested projects.
The successful candidate should be expert in statistics, cancer real world data, experienced in analyzing sparse real world data. The candidate should also be familiar with software packages like SAS, S-Plus, R, Rstudio, track records of problem solving and publication on cancer real world studies, track records of leading clinical studies, data analysis and reporting.
Experience and Education Required:
· PhD in Statistics or epidemiology
· 7+ years of experience of clinical trials and real world evidence studies
· Expert in statistical methodology
· Expert in designing real world studies
· Track record of publication
The Ideal Candidate demonstrates:
· Deep knowledge in statistical analysis tools like SAS, S-Plus
· Deep knowledge on cancer RWED
· Good knowledge in bioinformatics tools like R, Rstudio
· Knowledge in cancer biomarkers, cancer drug pipelines
· Knowledge about cancer related CLIA assays
· Excellent communication skills in oral and writing English