Postdoctoral Fellow – Integrated Mathematical Radiation Oncology
Applications are sought for a postdoc position under the mentorship of Dr. Heiko Enderling on inter-disciplinary research projects on cancer radiotherapy.
We seek a talented individual to work in the unique research environment of the Integrated Mathematical Oncology (IMO) department at Moffitt Cancer Center on the University of South Florida campus in Tampa. IMO integrates mathematicians, computer scientists, and physicists together with imaging specialists as well as clinical and experimental oncologists to develop novel approaches for the understanding, treatment and prevention of cancer.
At Moffitt Cancer Center we created the Future of Radiation Therapy (FoRT) program, in which mathematical modeling of patient-specific treatment responses to dynamically adapt treatment plays a central role.
The Ideal Candidate:
· has a desire to work closely with experimentalists and clinicians
· has experience in modeling biological systems, with a preference for those with knowledge of cancer and or radiation therapy
· experience in developing/writing publications in quality peer reviewed scientific journals
· the ability to develop mathematical models and to program (Matlab, Python, R, C, Java, etc.), visualize and analyze numerical/experimental data
· demonstrated creativity, high motivation, and good communication skills
· Communicate clearly and openly, present research results on local and national platforms
· Perform independent research
· Meet with team leader and members frequently
· Build relationships across research disciplines to promote a collaborative research environment
Credentials and Qualifications:
· MD or PhD and background in applied mathematics, physics or a computational discipline.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and C.V. directly to Heiko.Enderling@moffitt.org.
Tampa was recently named an "urban gem" and the "Best City in the Southeast" by Money magazine. Aside from the sunshine, beaches, and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living, and a high quality of life.