Special Events Director
· Responsible for strategy, planning, oversight, implementation and evaluation of all Major Cancer Center fundraising events, in cooperation with foundation board members, staff and community volunteers.
· Responsible for other assignments as appropriate, including communication support for Moffitt Cancer Center publications and media relations as it relates to even management and strategy.
· Responsible for increasing philanthropy through event revenue and directly impacting the donor pipeline through event management.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Creative self-starter, enthusiastic, personable; experienced with working with volunteers-recruiting, training and leading volunteers on events and projects; ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines; ability to conceptualize events visually and artistically; strong leadership and organizational skills a must; excellent verbal and written skills; familiarity with social protocol; ability to interact effectively with all types of people.
· In concert with foundation and hospital leadership, develop strategic plans and initiatives to further increase the profitability of fundraising events and meet the Foundation's fiscal goals with regards to events.
· Manage and train volunteer committees and follow through on all committee and event organization needed to support each event. Cultivate and recruit new/existing members of volunteer committees for fundraising events.
· Management of a high functioning team of fundraising event professionals.
· Establish budget, planning checklist and timetable for every event and follow through accordingly.
· Work with departments of Public Relations & Marketing when organizing Cancer Center special events. Work with other departments on special events as assigned.
· Oversee creative conception, writing, editing and planning of all publications and printed materials related to special events, especially invitations, programs, etc. This may also include overseeing the process for writing and editing for internal/external publications and media releases relating to special events and other projects as assigned for Moffitt Cancer Center publications in tandem with the appropriate Moffitt departments and team-members.
· Work with Media Relations Coordinator and Director of Marketing to develop public relations/marketing plans to promote fundraising events.
· With appropriate staff and/or volunteers, provide a post-event evaluation on all events.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree
· Ten (10) years implementing and planning high impact fundraising events experience
· Five (5) years supervisory experience
· Excellent writing and editing experience a must
· Master's degree
· Fifteen (15) plus years event management preferred. Relevant experience in a healthcare, research or academic environment is a plus.