The Scientific Manager is a healthcare professional and/or with advanced scientific training (i.e Ph.D, fellowship, etc.) with a strong working knowledge of diseases and treatments in oncology and ability to develop on-going professional relationships with ORIEN Members and Industry Partners to help achieve positive health outcomes for patients. The Scientific Manager will participate in scientific exchanges with leaders in the ORIEN membership and external medical and scientific communities to manage research collaborations in basic and/or clinical/translational and/or population research.
The Scientific Manager must be able to support the design and execution of clinical development programs across ORIEN, including investigator initiated and industry-sponsored clinical trials with direction by the Sr. Director, Scientific Affairs. The Scientific Manager will work closely with all ORIEN members, but primarily with assigned sites to provide leadership, support and engagement. He/She will also work closely with ORIEN Research Interest Groups ("RIGs") to develop scientific questions and identify potential industry and extramural funding opportunities for collaborative learning that can ultimately lead to joint publications.
Position will require travel: Approximately 20 - 40% depending on assigned primary responsibilities
Overview of the role:
· Works across all ORIEN members engaging with subject matter experts (SME's) and external medical and scientific communities
· Responsible for the execution of the RIGs and the management of research collaborations in basic, clinical / translational and population science
· Promotes and develops research opportunities within TCC and Avatar and manages grants and projects as appropriate working across the ORIEN team
· Executes clinical development programs, including investigator initiated and pharma sponsored clinical trials, publications and external funding opportunities
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· A minimum of 5 years overall experience in oncology related fields, may include fellowship, residency, or work experience. With at least 2 year of clinical (patient care) and/or 2 year of post-graduate research experience.
· Capable of conducting clinical and scientific discussions with key scientific leaders.
· Strong focus on scientific knowledge, education and dialogue.
· Business and market knowledge, including quality management.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills.
· Must possess an understanding of FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines, laws, and regulations relevant to the pharmaceutical industry and its customers.
· Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
· Clinical research exposure; direct hands-on experience preferred
· Demonstrated record or scientific/medical publication, preferentially peer-reviewed.
· Master in Science degree in life sciences, chemistry, medical technology or related field.
· Ph.D, PharmD, ANP (nursing), life sciences, chemistry, medical technology or related field preferred.