The ORIEN Coordinator is responsible for the day to day coordination, management and support of M2Gen's contractual responsibilities as the Coordinating Center for the national Oncology Research Information Exchange Network (ORIEN). The ORIEN Coordinator, under the direction of the Sr. Manager Member Experience, has responsibility for carrying out the activities in successfully supporting and operating the multi-institutional alliance. Responsibilities include coordination and management of ORIEN committees, subcommittees and task force meetings, communications, agendas and status reports. This position will also support the Sr. ORIEN Coordinator in planning and coordinating all in person membership meetings and events.
The Coordinator is required to travel twice per year to attend ORIEN member meetings.
An overview of the role:
· Working alongside the Sr. Manager Member Experience, oversees the management and continuity of the ORIEN Committees and Subcommittees in the development of agendas, oversight and tracking of action items, including follow through and completion
· Ensures timely communication of pre and post meeting materials for members
· Primary responsibility for maintaining membership shared document site
· Establishes and maintains minutes and documents for all Committee & Subcommittee activities; collaborates with Committee appointed staff to provide support, as needed
· Creates/prepares Committee & Subcommittee activities reports for the ORIEN Steering Committee and other ORIEN members, as needed
· Establishes and maintains dashboards and reports, as needed, for internal and external distribution
· Secondary support and coordination for ad-hoc member meetings, annual meetings, or other activities
· Maintain and organize ORIEN Files & Records
· Ensures records of all ORIEN activities are retained, organized and available, as needed
· Maintains document retention activities, both electronic and paper, of all ORIEN agreements, Statements of Work, meeting minutes, charters, etc.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· 2 years overall experience in biomedical and multi-institutional research or clinical administration/project management; prefer at least 1 year in oncology related field.
· Experience working with Committees and/or Boards
· Excellent organizational skills and follow through
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills
· Excellent customer service with experience working in a customer focused environment
· Excellent analytical, written and verbal skills
· Highly accountable with excellent follow-up and ability to manage multiple competing priorities
· Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
· Solid communication skills including the ability to communicate with business and technical users at all levels, internally and externally
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
· Bachelor's Degree in life sciences, chemistry, medical technology or related field.