A Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for Physician Assistants) accredited institution.
Certification as a Physician Assistant by the AAPA (American Academy of Physician Assistants)
Licensure as a Physician Assistant by the State of Michigan
Candidate must apply for and be granted appropriate clinical privileges through MMC’s normal credentialing processes before rendering services
Previous experience in primary care or a rehab setting is desirable
Under the direction of the Medical Director of Occupational Health and Medicine (OHM), perform a wide variety of duties both within and in support of the OHM clinic.
POPULATIONS SERVED COMPETENCIES, INCLUDING AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
__Neonatal (birth-1 mo) _X_Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
__Infant (1 mo-1 yr) _X_Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
__ Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) _X_ Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
__Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) _X_Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
__Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) __All ages (birth & above)
__No direct clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Provides medical services to patients on a regularly scheduled basis as a member of the OHM team. Provides appropriate documentation of patient care that would be pertinent for the medical record as well as for the billing.
- Assess the health status of patients by obtaining health histories, perform physical examinations, post injury examinations and establish treatment plans under the supervision of the Medical Director of Occupational Health Services.
- Works to assure good continuity of care for employee injuries/illnesses managed through the clinic.
- Perform pre-placement and various surveillance physical examinations and report to the client company those individuals capable of performing essential functions of the job. This may include DOT, return to work, respirator, as well as other exams.
- Maintains extensive telephone contact with employers, employees, and third party payers in order in achieve optimal levels of communication between said groups as necessary. Including participation in plant walk-throughs and assisting companies with employee and occupational health questions.
- Reviews audiometric and spirometric screening and biological monitoring done through the clinic. Perform the monitoring of these requested screenings and the interpretation of the results and arrange appropriate follow up of abnormal findings as necessary.
- Works with the Medical Director to ensure that the program operates in a manner consistent with appropriate medical policy and current professional standards in Occupational Medicine.
- Provides input into and participates in the development, implementation and revision of policies and procedures affecting medical practice, judgment, and quality of occupational health care.
- Works closely with support staff to maintain efficient, well-run clinic, including teaching them to provide better patient care and better medical staff assistance.
- Assists in establishment of and responsible in the participation of routine and episodic quality assurance processes and implementation of resultant recommendations.
- Participates in the development and presentation of educational programs to the program and clinic staff as directed by supervising physician.
- Upholds and promotes personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments as well as legislative issues relating to Workers’ Compensation, Safe Work Environment, Americans with Disabilities Act and Occupational Health and Medicine. Additionally, keep abreast of changes in labor laws, OSHA and MIOSHA regulations, Right-to-Know laws, DOT regulations, MRO consulting, etc.
- Serves as a liaison and resource person between applicable area companies; consulting with area client companies in evaluating and recommending various preventive medical and educational programs pertinent to their employee needs; and providing the follow-through to problems and inquiries of client area companies. These functions will be performed after consulting with and in the collaboration with the Medical Director of OHM.
- Compiles, prepares and presents monthly statistics and reports as needed within the areas of position responsibilities to Medical Director OHM.
- Participates on designated occupational related committees within the department, local area and region as deemed necessary by the Medical Director and Program Manager.
- Attends meetings, discussions, conferences, seminars and workshops, both within and outside the OHM, as applicable to position responsibilities.
- Promotes a continuous effort in quality improvement, enhancing the services provided to patients, their families, physicians and members of the OHS staff by demonstrating positive attitudes and positive actions through a display of courtesy, congeniality, cooperation, sensitivity and professionalism.
- Protects the confidentiality of information within areas of position responsibilities by preventing unauthorized release, both verbally and/or in writing and in accordance with ACOEM Code of Ethics, Workers’ Compensation regulations and HIPPA.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.