It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Hours:||36-40 (every other weekend)|
Must have completed your OB clinicals to be eligible for this position.
This position is available from May 12th-September 9, 2013. Please provide a copy of your transcripts and 2 letters of recommendation from nursing faculty. Documents may be emailed in one pdf to Gina Ranger firstname.lastname@example.org
Student nurse from a state approved school of nursing who has completed her/his junior year of BSN training or first year of A.D.N program.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Maintains BCLS certification.
Under the general supervision of the Unit Manager.
Works under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
X All ages (birth & above)
l. Supports the mission statement of Munson Medical Center (MMC): Munson Medical Center is the core of a regional health system. In partnership with physicians, we provide quality, compassionate, comprehensive and cost-effective services for improvement of the health of our patients and the communities we serve.
2. Embraces and supports the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) philosophy of Munson Medical Center: We are committed to the name "Munson" meaning excellence. We will provide services that meet our customers' requirements every time.
3. Adheres to Exceptional Skills with People (ESP) House Rules at all times.
4. Acknowledges that safety is a self-responsibility. Knows the physical requirements of the job and works within those guidelines. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to Hospital procedure. Maintains a safe environment.
5. Maintains professional working relationship with patients, families, nursing staff, physicians and the rest of the health care team.
6. Works within the guidelines of nursing and hospital standards of practice, policies and procedures.
7. Performs direct patient care activities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
8. Recognizes and reports pertinent change in health care status of patients to a Registered Nurse.
9. Communicates with families concerning patients and provides support as needed.
10. Maintain current knowledge in clinical practice, attends in-services as appropriate.
11. Assists patients with personal hygiene, comfort measures, and ADLs.
12. Performs assigned nursing procedures as described in the MMC procedure manual and by
current policies including:
b. Tube feeding
c. Routine dressing changes
d. Provides assistance with admission, transfer and discharge procedures
e. Any unit specific procedures (once competent.)
13. Contributes to the nursing process activities of planning, evaluation and revision of patient
care as well as to patient teaching.
14. Observes, records and reports pertinent information accurately and promptly.
15. Assists other health care professionals with procedures.
16. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
17. Assists with the medication storage, stocking, transportation, and checking of expiration dates as delegated.
18. If a graduate nurse is reclassified as a nurse tech due to the failing of state boards, they may not pass medications and hang IV's (after passing the hospital approved medication competency and other applicable unit-based competencies prior to the completion of orientation) with the exception of narcotics, under the direction and supervision of an RN.
19. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online