It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
High school graduate. Associates Degree preferred with a minimum of three years previous medical office or related experience. Supervisory experience is also preferable.
Proficient in use of computers and related software, including word processing and spreadsheets.
Transcription and typing skills of at least 60 wpm with a high degree of accuracy.
Exceptional communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality documentation.
Outstanding grammar, spelling, formatting, medical terminology, and punctuation skills.
Ability to work with minimal supervision and direct activities of others.
Working knowledge of diagnostic coding desired.
Working knowledge of Long Term Care coding coordination required
Rehabilitation services knowledge and background in front office operations desired.
This position is under the direct supervision of the Clinical Coordinator of Outpatient Rehabilitation Services.
Works at the Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital.
Identifies and prioritizes projects to achieve Department and Division goals. Receives project work through the OP Rehabilitation Clinical Coordinator and the Rehabilitation Service Line Director.
Directs and prioritizes activities of the Patient Scheduler Staff at the OP Rehabilitation Clinics.
· Embraces and supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare and Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital: Munson Healthcare and its partners work together to provide superior quality care and promote community health.
· Adheres to ESP House Rules at all times.
· Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
· Promotes safety for patients, residents, visitors, co-workers and self. Supports National Patient Safety goals and initiatives.
· Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC initiatives.
· Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures. We are committed to the name "Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital" meaning excellence. We will provide services that meet our customers' requirements every time.
· Responsible for overall office services and efficient operations at the facilities. Problem-solves immediate operational and patient care issues with Clinical Coordinator, or in their absence, following department objectives.
· Oversees Physical Therapy, OT/Hand Therapy and Speech Therapy patient scheduling of appointments. Consults with Clinical Coordinator as needed to accommodate fluctuations in referral numbers and current patient loads. In order to gain efficiencies monitors clinical schedules daily for issues/errors, to minimize unscheduled timeslots and to balance patient load. Compiles monthly Clinical Staff utilization and productivity statistics. Forwards results to Clinical Coordinator and POMH Director of Operations.
· Prioritizes, delegates, coordinates and supervises clerical responsibility. Promotes continued clerical staff development and conducts training in new processes. Performs competency assessments and annual discussions. Addresses and resolves performance problems. Reviews clerical staff timecards within the Kronos system and maintains clerical staff personnel files. Arranges staff coverage and approves time-off. Must be able to perform clerical staff tasks and cover shifts when the need arises.
· Facilitates clerical staff meetings concerning office operations. Plans and participates in refining office operations, policies and procedures. Maintains updated office procedure manual. Actively participates in combined Therapy Staff Meetings; maintains agenda, records minutes and reviews action assignments.
· Confers with the Business Office and Patient Accounts as necessary regarding problem accounts or procedure changes. Liaison to physician offices and other Hospital system departments, including Information Systems; responsible for submitting necessary Computer Access Requests for all staff.
· Responsible for scheduling system maintenance including departmental, staff and shift changes. Oversees the accuracy of Unavailability block entries made by other staff.
· Works closely with Munson’s Rehab Reimbursement Specialist to stay current on insurance or other regulatory standards. Reports same to POMH clerical and clinical staff. Obtains prior authorizations as indicated or oversees this task when performed by other clerical staff. Confers with Clinical Coordinator regarding patient file accuracy and completeness in compliance with JCAHO, third party, and other regulatory standards. Performs chart and charge entry reviews to support patient file and charge accuracy. Assists Clinical Coordinator with Joint Commission Accreditation or other Audit preparation, if applicable.
· Coordinates Home Health Agency/Nursing Home Medicare patient billing and record transfer for those patients being seen at an Outpatient Rehab facility during an open episode of care.
· Assists in recruiting and interviewing office personnel. Makes recommendations regarding hiring to the Clinical Coordinator and POMH Director of Operations. Conducts training for new clinical and clerical staff in use of scheduling system software. Conducts training of new clerical staff in all other office procedures and policies. Orients new clinical staff to front office procedures.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online