It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Hours:||16 hrs (every other weekend)|
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Two-year degree in related field preferred.
Previous psychiatric or Nurse Assistant experience with preference for experience as a Mental Health Technician on an inpatient psychiatric unit.
Must have the ability to provide physical assistance to patients as well as physical management along with the capability to lift at least 30 pounds.
· Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance and performance improvement programs, safety, environmental and infections control standards
· Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of patient treatment programs
· Provides care to patients in a manner that considers safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment. Assists patients with the activities of daily living
· Takes vital signs, weighs patients, and collects specimens as needed
· Maintains awareness of patient's physical and mental status
· Reports and documents observations in legible, accurate and appropriate format following hospital and unit procedures
· May attend, co-facilitate or lead didactic lectures, group therapy or activity therapies
· Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, workshops, attending in-service education and reviewing current literature
· Assists with admissions and discharges per unit protocols
· Explains unit rules and responsibilities to patients
· Transports patients to off-site activities as needed
· Promotes good public relations with department personnel, physicians, other referral sources, patient families and the community
· Therapeutically shares knowledge of self-help groups
· Attends staff meetings as required
· Demonstrates competency through hospital and department checklists, customer/patient evaluation, clinical staff dialogue, performance appraisals and staff education
· May receive, stock, restock, transport pharmaceuticals
· Provides oversight of patient self-administration of medication in accordance with unit protocols
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online