It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Department:||Munson Healthcare Regional Foundation|
- Associates Degree is required
This is a non-paid internship.
The person in this position will work 15- 20 hours per week with flexible hours, working
around interviews and Foundation events.
Start date negotiable based on winter semester start date of applicant.
This individual will be assigned four special projects in 2013.
1) To assist in coordinating community and employee fundraising events and campaigns.
2) Assist in the creation and development of a Facebook page/webpages for the Foundation.
3) To learn about the role of effective database management and other information gathering techniques to the success of fundraising for non-profit organizations. The intern will be introduced to Raiser’s Edge and assist in developing lists and maintaining data.
4) In addition, the intern may be asked to assist with the Foundation’s winter activities, which may include tasks like filing, creating nametags, and other miscellaneous tasks.
· Associates Degree or equivalent hours. Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, business administration, health care administration, marketing or related field preferred. A person currently working on a Master’s degree preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Phone/people skills.
· Self-motivated and takes initiative.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, databases, e-mail, Facebook, website software, and other computer systems.
· Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment with deadlines.
· Willingness to meet with donors in home environment.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Flexible schedule.
This position reports to the President of Munson Healthcare Regional Foundation (MHRF).
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
X No clinical contact with patients
1. Supports the mission statement of Munson Healthcare Regional Foundation: “Inspiring charitable support to enhance health care for the people in northern Michigan.”
2. Embraces and supports Munson's continuous quality improvement philosophy.
3. Adheres to Munson's customer service expectations.
4. Takes responsibility to know and work within Munson's safety philosophy and guidelines.
5. Works with annual giving coordinator to liaison with various community organizations and community volunteers who wish to coordinate community fundraising events to benefit a Munson program or service.
6. Outreaches to community organizations, which have held events for Munson in the past, to learn of their continued interest.
7. Encourages participation in events by developing and implementing external and internal marketing (e.g. writing press releases and e-mail blasts, developing lists, and organizing presentations).
8. Works with Leadership Giving Specialist to provide clerical support for major fundraising campaigns.
9. Works with research coordinator to complete prospect lists.
10. Assists with database management projects, by entering and editing data.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online