It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
This position requires an Associates Degree in Health Information Technology or equivalent, or a Bachelors Degree in Health Information Management.
Certification as a Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) is required.
One to three years previous experience using ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding systems is required.
Demonstrated ability to meet productivity and quality standards is required.
Basic keyboard entry skills are required.
Previous abstracting experience is preferred.
Previous experience with a computerized encoder system is preferred.
Reports to Manager of Medical Record Services. Has constant working contact with Coding Analyst.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
X No direct clinical contact with patients.
1) Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
2) Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3) Promotes personal and patient safety.
4) Meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers.
5) Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
6) Analyzes each medical record to determine which items will be coded and abstracted.
7) Accurately codes and abstracts inpatient, outpatient or emergency medical records, per work assignment, meeting expected productivity standards.
8) Assigns ICD-9-CM diagnosis and procedure codes and CPT-4 procedures codes, per established national, departmental guidelines and AHIMA Code of Ethics.
9) Abstracts and/or edits medical record data as required by departmental procedure.
10) Communicates with physicians to request clarification and/or additional record information that will ensure correct code assignment, appropriate reimbursement and compliance with established guidelines. This applies to ICD-9 and CPT coding.
11) Maintains organized system for personal coding reference material.
12) Participates in educational activities and maintains coding skills.
13) Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online