It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Hours:||40 (Four hours every other Saturday)|
Pharmacy Technician Associate of Arts Degree (2-year program) from a community college or equivalent pharmacy training and experience (preferable hospital).
Knowledge of how hospitals operate and function is desirable.
Knowledge of Long Term Care Facilities and Pharmacy LTC service is desirable.
Certification as a Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) is highly desirable.
Training and/or experience in aseptic technique and intravenous admixture preparation.
Typing 30 wpm minimum.
Must have legible handwriting and/or printing.
Numerical comprehension and mathematical skills.
Ability to communicate verbally, comprehends verbal instructions, and has good telephone etiquette.
Good vision, manual dexterity, and physical ability to withstand the majority of shift on feet while moving around.
Experience with on-line computer systems, especially for retail pharmacy, is desirable.
General clerical skills.
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
5. Answers phone calls with good ESP skills, takes messages, and refers phone calls when appropriate.
6. Maintains files and records in good order.
7. Performs general housekeeping continually to maintain a neat, clean, professional-appearing environment.
8. Performs secretarial duties as requested.
9. Performs counter/cash register duties.
10. Performs inventory control, stocking, checking in and storage, which includes ordering, and fiscal inventor of medications in all areas of the Pharmacy Department.
11. Rotates inventory; checks for and removes outdated or damaged merchandise and returns to vendor.
12. Participates in annual inventories.
13. Enters prescriptions in the computer system for dispensing, requests refills, perform data entry/retrieval, etc.
14. Prepares pharmaceutical products for final check and dispensing by pharmacist.
15. Performs third party billing, manual reconciliation of payments, and rebilling as necessary. Generates bills and records receipts of payment for merchandise sold.
16. Attends required continuing education programs and MMC mandated inservice/education.
17. Greet customers and perform intake function for prescription/service requests.
18. Process sales for durable medical equipment and related supplies, including fitting appliances.
19. Assists in the training of new Pharmacy employees.
20. Monitors fax line and triages LTC orders received in a timely manner.
21. Process LTC admission, discharges, and transfers.
22. Maintains individual resident files of processed orders/records.
23. Performs filling of medications for LTC residents.
24. Performs some secretarial-type and clerical-type duties such as record keeping, filing, billings, and accounts receivable for LTC patients/facilities.
25. Performs all credits and debits for LTC pharmaceutical charging and processes returns as patients/residents are discharged or other changes occur. Returns credited medications to stock only where allowed by law.
26. Receives and prepares for dispensing prescriptions for residents including neat and correct labeling, maintenance of paperwork, and maintenance of individual computerized patient profiles.
27. Processes required records for controlled substances. Reports any problems immediately to pharmacist.
28. Prepares I.V. admixtures and other sterile products from labels prepared by pharmacists (or by technician with pharmacist's double-check) using strict aseptic technique in the horizontal and/or vertical laminar flow hoods. Preparation should be made so as the pharmacist can readily determine all ingredients and amounts used.
29. Assists in maintaining all LTC records required for monitoring productivity and Quality Assurance programs.
30. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online