It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Department:||Radiology - Special Procedures|
|Hours:||16 hrs w/on call|
· Minimum of one year critical care experience (i.e. ER, PACU, CCU ICU, A2, CTU)
· Current BCLS required
· ACLS and PALS certifications preferred. (Must obtain these certifications within one year)
· Conscious sedation experience required
· Surgical experience (circulating / scrub / sterile field) preferred.
· Observance of AORN guidelines for proper attire in the procedure suite
· Must comply with radiation safety requirements such as use lead apron and radiation badge during all angio, MPR and CT procedures
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to multi-task and problem solve
· Demonstrates a commitment to life-long learning
· Documented history of collaborative relationships with nursing colleagues and other health care providers
· Documented history of adherence to patient confidentiality, patient safety, patient advocacy and patient / family education
· Documented history of strong assessment skills and identification of pertinent nursing diagnoses
· Required equitable participation in on-call rotation with other IR nurses (EXCEPTION: current IR Recovery RN and reserve pool RN.)
· For future IR RN positions, rotation through all IR modalities as well as on -call will be required for those in benefitted positions.
The nurse in the Department of Radiology has a dynamic and varied role with primary responsibilities of providing quality nursing care to the patient. Skills utilized in his/her job performance include assessment, communication, teaching, leadership, and management. Areas where the nurse may function? General Diagnostics, Special Procedures, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Computerized Tomograpy, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and Munson Professional Building Outpatient Radiology Department.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
__X__ All ages (birth & above)
1. Demonstrates personal commitment to Munson Medical Center core values of Patients, People, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship, and Compassion.
2. Supports the mission of Munson Medical Center: As the core of a regional health care system, Munson Medical Center provides quality, compassionate, comprehensive services to the people of Northern Michigan.
3. Embraces and supports CQI philosophy of Munson Medical Center. We are committed to the name "Munson" meaning excellence. We will provide services that meet our customers' requirements every time.
4. Acknowledges that safety is a self-responsibility. Knows the physician requirements of the job and works within those guidelines. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to Hospital procedures.
5. Functions as patient advocate.
6. Provides direct patient care.
7. Meets the physical and emotional needs of patient and family.
8. Assesses and monitors patient condition and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
9. Informs and prepares patient for special procedures.
10. Administers contrast material. Nursing care should take priority.
11. Assists with contrast reactions.
12. Intervenes when a patient develops problems and in emergency situations. Monitors vital signs.
13. Performs urinary catheterizations, when needed.
14. Administers medications, as needed. Changes dressings or special appliances, as indicated.
15. Explains procedures to patients/families utilizing pre/post procedure phone calls.
16. Assists in transporting critically ill patients.
17. In-services nursing staff regarding radiology nurses role, continuity of patient care, and topics related to radiology. Participates in continuing education programs.
18. Prioritizes patient needs. Provides for patient and family education.
19. Demonstrates skill in using special equipment such as monitors, infusion pumps, pacemakers, oxygen equipment, and respirators.
20. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online