It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse to practice nursing in the State of Michigan. Nursing Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
Minimum 1 year of RN Critical Care Experience required.
Intermediate to advanced keyboarding and computer skills required. Examples include, but are not limited to: Windows, GroupWise, MedStar, Power Chart, Internet, Encompass, and Orbit systems.
Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Evidence of effective time management and organizational skills required.
Utilization management and/or case management experience preferred.
Experience caring for pediatric patients preferred. Examples include, but are not limited to: Pediatric Unit, OR, PACU, Urgent Care, Emergency Room, and Home Care.
Experience with or knowledge of pharmacology, radiology procedures, cardiac procedures, and surgical procedures within last 5 years preferred.
Evidence of a high degree of professionalism must be exhibited with current involvement in unit process improvement or shared governance activities required.
BCLS, ACLS, and PALS required.
Accountable to the Surgical Services Director, Managers, or their designee.
Works collaboratively with all members of the Patient Care Team including but not limited to Registration Representatives, Central Scheduling, Chart Prep Staff, Anesthesiologists, Staff from other hospital departments, and the Physician Office Staff.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
Neonatal (birth-1 mo) Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
Infant (1 mo-1 yr) Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) X All ages (birth & above)
No clinical contact with patients
l. Munson Medical center is the core of a regional health system. In partnership with physicians, we provide quality, compassionate, comprehensive and cost-effective services for improvement of the health of our patients and the communities we serve.
2. Embraces and supports the CQI philosophy of Munson Medical Center: We are committed to the name "Munson" meaning excellence. We will provide services that meet our customers' requirements every time.
3. Adheres to ESP House Rules at all times.
4. The PACU nurse provides optimal patient care to patients during the immediate pre and post-operative period. Critical Care experience required. The PACU RN will complete an orientation with a PACU preceptor.
Responsibilities particular to the PACU include (but are not limited to):
A. Pain Management:
Caring for patients with epidural catheters in place; setting up and instructing patients with PCA's (patient controlled analgesia); administering IV narcotics. Evaluation of pain management and effective communication to physicians to assist in providing optimal pain management in the immediate post-op period.
B. Hemodynamic Monitoring, interpretation, and appropriate action taken.
C. Airway Management: Maintenance of Pediatric and Adult airways including use of oral airways, Endotracheal tubes (extubation), ventilators and SAO2 monitoring.
D. Caring for patients with blood collection/reinfusion devices.
E. ECG interpretation.
F. Addressing emotional and physical needs of the immediate pre and post-operative patient; including patients significant others as appropriate during the patients PACU stay.
G. Supporting/directing other health team members in providing safe, quality patient care (i.e., LPN's, Nursing Assistants).
5. Safety is a self-responsibility. Know the physical requirements of the job and work within those guidelines. Perform job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plan your actions to promote safety. Report any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
6. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online