It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Department:||Sixth Street Drugs|
This job is for Sixth Street Drugs. It is not a benefitted position. Munson benefits are not offered on this job.
Shifts are 10 hour days, 8am to 6pm mainly Mon-Fri. There will be some Saturdays (not regular at least at first) those are 8 hour days, 8-4. They are closed Sundays and holidays.
10 hour days, 8am to 6pm mainly Mon-Fri. There will be some Saturdays (not regular at least at first) those are 8 hour days, 8-4. They are closed Sundays and holidays.
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from accredited School of Pharmacy and completed state-required internship.
Current Michigan license as a Registered Pharmacist.
Knowledge of pharmacy third party billing and retail pharmacy computerization.
Knowledgeable of pharmaceutical care practice in the ambulatory setting.
Active membership in professional practice associations preferred.
Under the general supervision of Store Coordinator, or Retail Pharmacy Manager. May receive instruction and direction from the Director of Pharmacy.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
All ages (birth and above).
1. Supports the MSI and Munson Healthcare Mission, Vision and Values.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Assures that the pharmacy department is offering outstanding customer service at all times. Demonstrates support of MSI goal of being the premier professional pharmacy.
5. Has knowledge of and meets expectations outlined in Commitment To MY Coworkers and supports department action plans for employee engagement.
6. Interprets, accurately dispenses, and assures final check of physician prescription orders.
7. Performs and documents appropriate interventions with health care professionals and patients while striving for maximal benefit from the drug therapy.
8. Assures all oversight agencies requirements are met, including State Board of Pharmacy, Controlled Substance Act, all federal laws, etc.
9. Interacts with physicians, physician office personnel and MMC departments in a professional manner in order to maintain a highly visible practice of outpatient pharmaceutical care.
10. Maintain necessary dispensing and patient documentation to meet regulatory requirements.
11. Develops and provides a quality pharmaceutical care model with clinical/patient oriented application with a vision toward the evolving requirements of the managed care environment.
12. Provides quality patient consultation and education for medications including OTC medications and other health care product lines.
13. Provides drug information support services to other health care providers.
14. Supervises clerical, technical, and volunteer personnel.
15. Maintains security of controlled substances per MSI policy and procedures.
16. Assures all MSI policies and procedures of inventory control including ordering, purchasing, inventory turns, storage, security, etc. as well as auditing pertinent products are followed.
17. Follows MSI product pricing strategies to maximize profitability while remaining within legal third party program requirements.
18. Provides input to and assistance in maintaining policies, procedures, responsibility lists, etc.
19. Maintains and advances knowledge by continuing education endeavors.
20. Oversees day to day facility maintenance and cleanliness and communicates concerns and needs promptly to the Store Coordinator or Retail Pharmacy Manager.
21. Follows all accounting procedures.
22. Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
23. Maintains and displays knowledge of third party reimbursement.
24. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online