The most qualified candidate will have Star experience, excellent communication skills, works very independently and is sitting the majority of the shift. This position is very fast paced with frequent interruptions. The Admissions Representative will be very customer focused to take direction to admit a patient and call various nursing units to locate a bed.
Two-year’s of relevant experience.
One year or 16-credits of college credit desired.
· Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrates the ability to converse well on the phone and in person. Must be sensitive to feelings of others and able to make multiple decisions regarding appropriate gathering and transferring of information
· Exhibits effective communication with patients, physician offices, nursing units, emergency department, technicians & secretaries in various ancillary departments within the hospital, North flight, insurance companies and other areas as needed. Creates accurate documentation with information gathered
· Must possess basic PC skills, including windows. Must be able to type and use a word processing program. One year database experience preferred
· Demonstrates ability to adapt to change
· Must be willing to obtain additional education as required
· Must be able to work under stress with frequent interruptions
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
Responsible for proper communication with all department staff. Contributes to the team orientation of MHC and, as such, is responsible for proper communication between Admitting and all other departments.
Must possess exceptional people skills. Greets all customers in a courteous and welcoming manner.
Exercises a high degree of control over confidential medical information. Strictly adheres to HIPPA regulations.
Assists with training of new personnel as requested.
Contributes to teamwork with related departments and clinical staff in order to provide excellent customer services.
Interprets and initiates problem solving, prioritizes work activity, determines effective means of dealing with customer issues.
Represents the department in inter and intra department process improvement efforts. May be called upon to lead process improvement and team meetings.
Initiates proper patient placement in coordination with the Admissions Manager/ Administrative Supervisor.
Uses the admission process for placing patients in the correct bed placement.
Admits all patients in the STAR system and provides appropriate paperwork and blue plate for the nursing units.
Completes logs used to track patient's activity daily as requested. These include admits and transfers.
Utilizes the Tele-tracking system to find clean, ready beds.
Prepares following days bed log each afternoon.
Updates bed board on a timely basis.
Obtains patient demographics form physician's office/transferring facilities.
MSP follow-up for all transfers and direct admits that do not stop in Registration.
Obtain Medicaid pace # on transfer when appropriate; enter into Star; log in book.
Print and file face sheets on transfer as requested by physician or support staff.
Provide mom cards for Maternity Dept.
Provide PNC registrations and paperwork to OB.
Check accommodation codes on all NICU admits bi-weekly/check restricted access for C-1 patients daily.
Assists with the patient valuables process. Performs bi-weekly checks on safe contents.
Revise admissions data for medical records and MPI coordinator and data control upon request – should occur on a daily basis.
PERFORMS THE FOLLOWING DUTIES AS DIRECTED:
Monitor appropriate reports
Draft Policy & Procedure
Train/mentor new employees
Complete orientation with new hire
Coordinate mentoring of new employee on all shifts
Member of an interdepartmental Process Improvement Team as requested
Keep education information updated and current at team level
Special projects for Admissions Manager. Any requests made by others, i.e., Administrative Supervisors/PAS, etc. must be approved by Admissions Manager.