The schedule for this position will be 12 hour shifts; 5:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.-6:00 a.m. and will be determined based upon the need of the department.
High school graduate or GED.
One year (32 credits) of college classes and/or training or equivalent experience in a hospital setting or related prior experience.
A minimum of one year experience successfully working with the public with minimal supervision.
A minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute with fewer than six errors.
Successful completion of medical terminology course or equivalent experience.
Familiarity with ICD.9 and CPT-4 codes.
Experience with Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance coverages.
Required Skills include:
- Excellent customer relations behavior in all interactions
- Greeting and directing patients and/or families to testing and surgical areas
- Transports or arranges for transportation of patients via wheelchair, as needed
- Collects and releases patient valuables envelopes, assuring proper patient identification
- Prints and reviews and distribute completed registration forms and documentation
- The ability to work positively with all levels of clinical staff in completion of job responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Windows and use multiple computer systems
- Must be highly mobile to accompany patients, family and visitors
Registration Representative responsibilities include:
- Obtaining and verifying all required patient information
- Entering the information into the registration system in an accurate manner
- Maintaining patient confidentiality
- Determining the most effective means of dealing with patients/families with varying attitudes and problems
- Exercising patience and tact in dealing with all levels of personnel throughout Munson Healthcare
- Solving problems and anticipating peak periods of patient traffic in order to plan workload accordingly
- Closely following established procedures