It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Hours:||Vary each pay period|
- High School diploma is required
****This position is at Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital in Frankfort and it's offsite locations****
High school graduate, preferably with strong computer skills
Good manual dexterity and attention to detail are essential.
Concise, legible handwriting
Proficiency with Windows based Computers.
Under the direct supervision of Technical Director and Laboratory Services Manager: also may receive instruction from pathologists, technologists and Munson Medical Center section managers. Has daily working contact with laboratory staff, nursing personnel, patients, patient families, physicians and other hospital staff.
Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare and Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital.
Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
Promotes safety for patients, residents, visitors, co-workers and self. Supports National Patient Safety goals and initiatives.
Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC initiatives.
Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures. We are committed to the name "Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital" meaning excellence. We will provide services that meet our customers' requirements every time.
· Works in air conditioned, well-lighted and clean surroundings.
· Has potential of exposure to contagious and/or bloodborne pathogens.
· Follows all safety and safe work practices.
· Completes annual education requirements. Maintains competency (evaluated at 90 days and then annually.
· Smiles, remains pleasant and empathizes with the patient
· Works frequently under stress due to multiple emergent and timed blood testing requests.
· Remains calm and efficiently follows proper procedure in stressful and/ or emergent situations.
· Sits at a computer most of the day with continual computer entry.
· Activities are controlled by defined procedures and predetermined schedules. However, the priority of work must be determined by the individual on a continual basis. The performance of work is subject to constant interruption and re-prioritization due to different emergent situations that frequently arise during the day.
· Uses computer as related to specimen collection, specimen flow and specimen referral.
· Keeps neat and maintains the clerical workstation area.
· Prepares 24 hour urine containers with proper preservatives and labels, with appropriate warning labels.
· Follows up on specimens that are misplaced or unsuitable for analysis. This may involve calling the outpatient back to the laboratory.
· Assists the staff in answering the phone, providing results, filing and computer entry as needed.
· Processes specimens for shipment and testing at reference laboratories throughout the country this may involve communication with courier, computer entry, record keeping, and maintaining sufficient supplies for collection and shipment. May involve communications with referral labs.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online