High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Accurately type at least 40 words per minute.
Medical Terminology experience is required.
Highly proficient in Windows based applications.
Required Skills include:
- Excellent spelling and word comprehension
- Human relations and interpersonal relationships skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Concise, legible handwriting or printing
Some nursing units require previous nurse assistant experience.
A Unit Clerk will be responsible for:
- Accurately transcribing physician's orders
- Answering telephones and accurately recording and processing messages
- Preparing and maintaining charts according to the unit's standards
Some direct patient care contact may be required.