Wage and benefit packages may vary between Munson Medical Group and Munson Medical Center.
Benefit eligibility for Munson Medical Group is based on full time employment of 40 hours per week.ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
High school graduate.
One year of experience in a hospital or health related field with focus on medical registration and medical terminology strongly desired.
Must be proficient in MS Word with knowledge of Windows based applications and possess a proven ability to effectively use multiple computer systems.
Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with both public and coworkers orally and in writing, and the ability to work positively with all levels of clinical staff. Familiarity with ICD.9 and CPT - 4 coding systems desired.
Assertiveness, organizational skills, effective time management, flexibility and self-motivation are essential.
Human relations and interpersonal skills are required.
Ability to perform general clerical duties such as filing, faxing, data collection, type written correspondence, etc., is required.
Works in a well lighted, air conditioned office setting.
Walks and stands most of the time while on duty as well as sitting.
Subject to elements of time pressure and interruptions of activities.
Must be able to meet physical demands such as bending, stretching, kneeling, twisting, etc.
Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
ORGANIZATION: Reports to the Office Coordinator of Infectious Diseases
- Receives all patient information from physician’s offices and ancillary departments and accurately prepares patient charts in a timely manner
- Interaction with customers is expected to be friendly, appropriate and accurate. As the first line of communication with the public and outside callers, this individual must create a professional image through outstanding telephone courtesy, pleasantness, the ability to keep their composure and the use of judgment and tact in dealing with others
- Maintains a professional working relationship with staff members, ancillary services and medical staff
- Obtains / verifies all required patient information and enters the information into the registration system in a timely manner
- Schedules patient appointments
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
à Ensures customer satisfaction
à Clear and courteous at all times, works to resolve conflicts
à Determines priority and distinguishes between critical and non-critical information for problem resolution
Concern for Order and Standards
à Checks accuracy of own work and takes accountability
à Reprioritizes quickly to accommodate unexpected demands
à Recognizes that others possess valuable expertise and actively solicits others’ opinions, ideas and recommendations. Builds consensus with others