It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
· Associate degree in business systems, secretarial sciences or related field required. In lieu of associate degree, consideration will be given to individuals with a minimum of 10 years recent relevant experience and education.
· Requires customer relations seminar, i.e. dealing with difficult people.
· Five or more years required at Munson Medical Center or in another healthcare setting
· Previous experience handling and triaging multiple telephone calls
· Previous experience and the ability to assist with education of staff in the following software applications or processes:
Access (Lost & Found database)
Primavera Contract Management (Expedition)
Policy & Procedure System (Siemens)
EMResource (Emergency Management reporting software)
DSX Access Systems (Security card access)
· Ability to apply Joint Commission, CMS, MIOSHA, NFPA and HIPAA standards/regulations to maintain hospital compliance and certification
· Demonstrated proficiency in documentation for regulatory compliance
· Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills
· Demonstrated exemplary customer relation skills and professional demeanor, with proven ability to communicate effectively and accurately, verbally and in writing with all levels within the organization and with outside agencies
· Demonstrated ability to work and problem-solve with all hospital personnel
· Demonstrated ability to effectively handle sensitive, highly confidential information and high stress situations, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines
· Demonstrated ability in the use of correct grammar, spelling, formatting and punctuation skills
· Advanced keyboarding skills and/or advanced word processing & advanced spreadsheet/database applications, diverse applications
· Demonstrated ability to collect, organize and prepare for presentation, data from multiple disciplines
· Demonstrated ability to effectively scribe and transcribe complex meeting minutes
· Ability to work independently with constant interruption of activities and noise
· This position's organizational contact requires the exercise of a high degree of diplomacy and discretion. Supports administrative and managerial decisions
· No managerial responsibilities, but has the ability to act on behalf of the Safety/Security Director in his absence
Under the direct supervision of Safety/Security Director, Facilities Construction Director and Vice President of Facilities
Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
Participates as an active team member with Safety/Security/Facilities Leadership in promoting the department’s mission and organizational goals.
Coordinates, organizes and schedules continuing education and competency training for Greeter/Transporter staff.
Coordinates meeting dates and times for Greeter (MMC and MCHC) staff meetings, and orders uniforms for all Greeters.
Triages/trouble-shoots Greeter issues and concerns that arise on a day-to-day basis.
HealthStream administrator for Safety and Security staff including Greeters.
Maintains all policies, procedures, guidelines, job descriptions, etc., including updating, typing and distribution.
Assists Safety/Security Director with regard to budget data collection, i.e. price research, reconciliation of charges to Management Responsibility Reports and monthly reporting of P-card activity.
Acts as a resource person regarding questions related to departmental operational issues. Directs inquiries to appropriate persons.
Problem-solves and gathers information to help diffuse difficult situations or customer complaints. Presents information to management, as necessary.
Coordinates special projects within the Safety, Security and Facilities Services Departments.
Performs technical duties in the absence of Loss Prevention Technicians, as requested or needed.
Co-administers the electronic access control system at MMC and MCHC, in conjunction with Loss Prevention Technician.
Coordinates the activities, scheduling, material preparation, distribution and follow-up action assignments of the Emergency Management Committee, Safe Work Environment Committee (SWEC) and other committees as assigned.
Interprets department and regulatory policies and procedures, exercising good judgment as to application and appropriateness of information released. Maintains the confidentiality of information pertinent to the department and communicates and respects the nature of the information that is related to department activities.
Collects information and/or statistical data to prepare/format reports for department, hospital or regulatory use through a variety of software programs involving multiple departments.
Coordinates and maintains required documentation for three (3) Joint Commission chapters, including Environment of Care, Life Safety and Emergency Management.
Coordinates disposal of hazardous waste for all hospital departments, including tracking of manifests for regulatory compliance for both hazardous and universal waste. (Requires HAZMAT Awareness level training).
Compiles and completes quarterly reporting of hazardous and universal waste disposal to the SWEC Committee, including yearly comparison of pounds disposed of and dollars expended.
Supports co-directors of the Emergency Management and Disaster teams, including emergency response, disaster planning and incident command resources.
Enters statewide bed tracking data for MMC and MCHC on EMResource database for drills and disasters, as needed.
Enters data in Expedition, including: letter of intent, transmittal for award of bid, vendor purchase orders and invoices for construction projects, when requested.
Collects, compiles and reports statistical data from customer satisfaction surveys on completed construction projects.
Collects, compiles and graphs turnaround time data from work orders for each of the eight (8) areas of the construction trades.
Administers construction safety training test for outside contractors prior to issuing contractor badge identification.
Coordinates contractor daily reports documentation and weekly safety updates for outside contractors on large projects, when requested.
Communicates with regulatory agencies, law enforcement and outside agencies that interface with the Safety and Security departments.
Coordinates scheduling, testing and completes semi-annual compliance reporting of wastewater testing results to the City of Traverse City for Munson Medical Center and Munson Support Services.
Provides support to Facilities Maintenance Director and Manager to maintain life safety documentation compliance.
Processes and monitors electronic time cards for Safety and Security staff, including attendance. Adheres to Human Resource policies for FMLA, jury duty, on-call, etc., and monitors eligible time off under these policies.
Completes scheduling in Kronos for Greeter/Transporter staff.
Assists Safety/Security Director with review of contract documents, i.e. rental of security uniforms, lease of security vehicle.
Assists Safety/Security Director with the technical aspects of employee issues, i.e. computer access requests, PAA’s.
Coordinates and schedules appointments, meetings and programs for the Director of Safety/Security and other hospital personnel or committees, as appropriate; preparation of handouts, equipment and room setup.
Makes travel arrangements and reservations for any member of the Safety or Security team, and may coordinate travel of other department or committee personnel involved, if appropriate.
Supports management in setting and achieving goals carved out of the annual Employee Engagement Survey.
Places orders for the Department from multiple vendors.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online