It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Hours:||40 hrs (every other weekend)|
A Bachelors degree in Medical Technology or related degree.
Registered Medical Technologist / Medical Laboratory Scientist with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or NCA registered or registry eligible with successful completion of a NAACLS accredited hospital internship. (Generalist with work experience in hospital Clinical Laboratory is desired).
Work experience in a hospital clinical laboratory is desired.
Under direct supervision of technical director and section manager; also may receive instruction from pathologists, technologists, and technicians and section managers.
Has daily working contact with laboratory staff, nursing personnel, inpatients and outpatients, and physicians.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
Neonatal (birth-1 mo) Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
Infant (1 mo-1 yr) Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) X All ages (birth & above)
No clinical contact with patients
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
5. Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
6. Analyzes patient samples through established laboratory procedures and techniques.
A. Develops, established, oversee and perform pre-analytical, analytical and post analytic phases of laboratory testing.
B. Observes Quality Control guidelines, recognizes need for and initiates appropriate action when required.
Activities are governed by procedural controls and recommended policy.
7. Interpret priority of work activity in keeping with departmental goals and needs.
8. Review patient data to correlate with critical values or other physiological states.
9. Troubleshoot equipment when necessary and determine appropriate corrective action. Communicate with other healthcare personal regarding laboratory results, testing and protocol, etc.,.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online