High school graduate or GED equivalent.
ServSafe certified or willing to obtain certification.
Satisfactory completion of basic dietary therapy training manual.
Foodservice experience in a hospital or nursing home setting.
Positive customer service skills.
Computer experience with Windows based programs.
Required Skills include:
- Ability to work under time pressures with frequent interruptions and noise
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and phone courtesy
- A flexible schedule to include Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
A Meal Service Attendant will be responsible for:
- Passing meal trays and snacks to patients in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintaining stock and supplies including food, paper goods, and tube feeding products
- Maintaining records for tray completion and delivery and for maintaining stock
- Transporting dirty trays from nursing units to the dishroom
- Cleaning and sanitizing food delivery carts