It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
Under the general direction of the Director - Practice Management Operations is responsible for the operation of the MMG Billing Office. Routinely interfaces with physicians and staff to maintain optimal communication between the CBO and the offices.
Minimum Knowledge and Education:
Bachelor's degree in Business or similar field preferred.
5-7 years of central physician billing experience.
Knowledge of MISYS, NextGen and eClinical Works billing systems preferred.
Strong PC skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
Work requires the ability to recognize and process confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in small and large physician meetings.
Work requires the analytical ability to gather, interpret and classify data.
Reports to the Director, Ambulatory Practice Management. Exercises supervision over managers and support staff.
6. Represent physicians and mid-level providers in the collection of revenue from Medicare, Medicaid, various third party payors and patients.
7. Responsible for costs and outcomes of the billing function.
8. Work with office personnel to provide continuity and reduce duplication of efforts within policies and procedures.
9. Direct and evaluate activities of staff to assure that all of duties are carried out at a high level of efficiency and professionalism. Responsible for the overall production of all department staff.
10. Create strategic plan for department expansion to include the provision of billing services for MHC owned and managed practices, and other affiliated practices as well as private doctors.
11. Develop personnel, space and information systems configurations, in accordance with strategic plans.
12. Work towards developing benchmarking and cost/benefit techniques, to provide a menu list of services to owned, affiliated and independent physician practices.
13. Look for economies of scale and maximize efficiency of billing processes for all physician offices, thereby reducing overhead.
14. Establish baselines and manage accounts receivable for physician offices converted to the MSO model to ensure that they are kept at an acceptable level; interface with physician office management staff to strive for continuous quality improvement in processes.
15. Meet with physicians and administration regarding billing, denial management, staffing, coding and fee setting issues. Conduct and present appropriate statistical analyses and custom reports where needed. Implement new policies as necessary to improve performance.
16. Monitor cash collection practices in physician offices. Validate balancing procedures and verify that staff are trained accordingly.
17. Demonstrates knowledge of rural health clinic and provider-based billing nuances.
18. Facilitate coding, billing, and reimbursement training and computer demonstrations for CBO employees, physicians and office staff as necessary.
19. Assist the Information Systems department in maintenance of system’s data files and implementation of various modules & system functionality.
20. Meet with physicians and their staffs regarding their office billing flow and supporting documentation. Address questions and concerns regarding costs and benefits of automating processes.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online