The schedule for this position will be 5:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday and 3:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday.
High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Physically capable of assisting patients into and out of bed and onto examination table.
Ability to establish rapport with patient and co-workers.
Prior experience in patient handling and working with the public is desired.
Must understand sterile techniques.
Works in well lighted and sterile surroundings. At times, works under a basic pressure element.
Stands and walks most of the time.
May be required to assists in lifting and positioning patients.
HUMAN RELATION SKILLS:
Exercises courtesy, pleasantness and tact in relationships with other hospital and department personnel.
Maintains patient confidentiality.
The Radiology Transporter Aide responsibilities include:
- The proper transfer of care with each patient.
- Lifting and/or assisting the patient to and from their bed or examination table
- Transporting patient by wheelchair or stretcher
- Helping undress and dress patients as is required for examination
- Assisting technologists in positioning patients, holds cassettes etc.
- Providing service to the Medical Procedure Room and Non Invasive Cardiology
- Cleaning and minor repair to transport equipment and makes periodic inspections of wheelchairs, stretchers, etc.
- Returning patient files to storage and re-files
- Performing routine clerical functions as required
- Checking, changing, and replacing O2 tanks.