It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Department:||Noninvasive Cardiology-Affiliate Services|
|Hours:||40 hrs (1 out of 3 weekends)|
Must be able to do 2D echoes, M-mode, cardiac Doppler, color flow, and Transesophageal echocardiogram on adults, with some exposure to pediatric patients. In addition, must be able to do stress echocardiograms and Dobutamine stress echocardiograms.
Must have a minimum of 1 year of clinical experience performing Stress Echo/Dobutamine Stress Echo.
Must be a Registered Cardiovascular Diagnostic Sonographer (RCDS) or a Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Also, must be registered or registry eligible in adult Stress Echo/Dobutamine Stress Echo and actively performing Stress Echo/Dobutamine Stress Echo,
Must perform examinations in an acceptable time frame using a variety of complex equipment.
Must be knowledgeable in the use of IV pumps and stress testing preparation. Must be able to perform basic 12 lead electrocardiogram.
Must be a permanent employee scheduled to work at least 24 hours a week.
This position is under the general supervision of the Manager of Cardiac Diagnostic Suite, in addition to the Director of Cardiology and the Medical Director of Cardiac Diagnostic Suite. Has a close working relationship with the cardiologists and medical staff and consistently comes in contact with members of the nursing staff.
There is a continuous working relationship with other members of the CDS team (medical staff, nursing staff and physician office staff).
Cooperates with all department personnel in a positive and professional manner, maintaining ethical relationships. Maintains a positive and loyal attitude towards employer.
There is no supervisory or managerial responsibilities with the position, however, the cardiac ultrasound technologist must teach the procedures to other designated staff. May be required to travel outside the hospital.
Must be capable of working without direct supervision, within guidelines set by department heads.
Provide patient care, obtain patient history, communicate with patients and relatives.
Must be able to respond quickly in emergency situations.
Maintains professional appearance by adhering to dress code of the CDS.
Interprets priority of work when high volume situations arise, still maintaining departmental goals and objectives.
Must be able to improvise and adapt standard procedures to fit nonstandard circumstances.
Works in dimly lit, clean surroundings.
At times works under stress.
Stands and walks most of the time within CDS and periodically throughout the hospital.
Frequent lifting and pulling/pushing loads (transporting patients and machine).
Exposure to the unknown effects of Ultrasound.
Handles equipment in a responsible, professional manner.
Level III Sonographer, or lead tech (lead tech must be a full-time staff member).
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
Neonatal (birth-1 mo) Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
Infant (1 mo-1 yr) Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) X All ages (birth & above)
No direct clinical contact with patients
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare. Munson Medical Center is the core of a regional health system. In partnership with physicians, we provide quality, compassionate, comprehensive and cost-effective services for improvement of the health of our patients and the communities we serve.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare. We are committed to the name "Munson" meaning excellence. We will provide services that meet our customers' requirements every time.
3. Has basic understanding of AIDET principles (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explain, Thank You) and applies those principles to daily patient care.
4. Promotes personal and patient safety. Knows the physical requirements of the job and work within those guidelines. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to Hospital procedure.
5. Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
6. Performs routine and STAT two dimensional echocardiograms, M-mode and cardiac Doppler studies with direct supervision within guidelines set by department heads.
7. Performs adult 2D echoes, M-mode, cardiac Doppler, color flow, Transesophageal echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms and Dobutamine stress echocardiograms, with some exposure to pediatric patients.
8. Administers ultrasound contrast agents according to the protocol outlined in Policy #077.G016. Required to complete initial competency regarding the administration of these agents, in addition to annual competencies thereafter.
9. Assists physicians in performance of other related examinations, such as pericardial
centesis, PFO closures, and transesophageal echocardiograms during surgery.
10. Tee evaluates the echocardiography studies for any life threatening abnormalities and pathologies and immediately notifies the interpreting physicians.
11. Solicits feedback from cardiologists to assure they are satisfied with procedures and technique.
12. Performs departmental procedures while the patient is in isolation and disinfects the equipment immediately after the procedure.
13. Performs all patient reports for the interpreting physician per department policy to ensure a timely distribution to the patient’s medical record and the referring physician.
14. Compiles all patient information and billing information for each study done for the interpreting physician.
15. Completes patient charges through the hospital computer system for all procedures done on both inpatients and outpatients.
16. Schedules an organized workload as necessary to ensure efficient utilization of equipment and time.
17. Cleans, calibrates, adjusts equipment to keep it in good maintenance. Notifies section leader or manager when repairs have to be made.
18. It is the responsibility of this position to make sure that the operational supplies have been ordered for the echocardiography procedures.
19. Rotates on-call to cover after regularly scheduled department hours of operation.
20. Performs echocardiography services in affiliate hospitals. May be required to load and unload echocardiographic equipment into and out of the hospital vehicle.
21. May be required to drive the hospital van with echocardiographic equipment to affiliate hospitals.
22. May be required to cover when other echo techs are on vacation or during unforeseen absence.
23. May be required to perform a 12 lead ECG or assist in stress testing.
24. May be required to perform CPR until the code blue team arrives.
25. When echocardiographic procedures have been completed is required to assist with other CDS procedures as described in specific duty section of the job description #620 EKG Technician.
26. Keeps current regarding developments in trends and techniques of Sonography by reading technical journals, participating inservice education programs, attending conferences, etc. Maintaining an active status with the ARDMS and/or Cardiovascular Credentialing International, by meeting all continuing education requirements.
27. Is expected to be proficient with digital analysis equipment used with stress echoes.
28. Offers suggestions to improve operations in area of expertise.
29. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
30. Use two patient identifiers on all patients.
31. Meets and maintains standards set by the International Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
32. Completes annual testing for Musculoskeletal Disorders according to ICAEL standards.
33. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online