It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Department:||Community Health Library|
The Information Research Assistant is responsible for the daily technical, support, and administrative functions of the Department of Library Services. These tasks include but are not limited to: Serials Control, Circulation System Services, Document Delivery Services, Current Awareness Services, Acquisitions and Cataloging, Information Desk reception, basic reference services, basic bibliographic instruction, and oversight of clerical and volunteer staff.
Required: Bachelors Degree in the Health Sciences and 2 years experience in a hospital or community health library
Knowledge of medical terminology
Demonstrated knowledge of basic library hardware and software applications
Experience in Microsoft Office and the Internet
Excellent written communication skills with emphasis on detail and accuracy
Excellent interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated individual and team leadership skills
Strong customer service orientation
Ability to prioritize competing demands
Strong organizational skills
Ability to lift and move resources
Reports to the Senior Information Research Specialist
Assists in training and coordinating work assignments for the clerical and volunteer staff
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
No clinical contact with in-house patients
1. Supports the mission statement of MMC: Munson Medical Center is the core of a regional health system. In partnership with physicians, we provide quality, compassionate, comprehensive and cost-effective services for improvement of the health of our patients and the communities we serve.
2. Embraces and supports the CQI philosophy of Munson Medical Center: We are committed to the name "Munson" meaning excellence. We will provide services that meet our customers' requirements every time.
3. Adheres to exceptional Skills with People (ESP) House Rules at all times.
4. Acknowledges that safety is a self-responsibility. Knows the physical requirements of the job and work within those guidelines. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to Hospital procedure.
5. Maintains all aspects of Document Delivery Services for the department.
6. Maintains Circulation System records and processes overdue notices.
7. Provides point of contact customer service by staffing the Information Desk.
8. Maintains organization of Library resources.
9. Maintains Serials Control by checking in, claiming, and maintaining serials collection.
10. Assists in acquisitions and collection development by providing materials processing services and inventory control.
11. Maintains Current Awareness Services.
12. Supervises clerical and volunteer staff by planning and organizing daily activities.
13. Provides basic reference services by utilizing electronic and print resources.
14. Provides basic bibliographic instruction of electronic resources available in the department.
15. Maintains department manuals and loose leaf resources.
16. Compiles monthly statistics as assigned.
17. Participates in ongoing continuing education for professional development.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online