It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Department:||Hospice - Volunteer Program|
Associates degree in education, health administration, human resources or similar field required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
One year experience in recruitment, program development, planning or community relations required.
Proven ability to exercise independent judgment as well as to work with others.
Excellent written and oral skills. Must be able to compose written communications and prepare presentations with good grammar, spelling, punctuation and syntax. Computer literate.
Demonstrated ability to coordinate volunteer functions and motivate them to fulfill identified program needs.
Meets Home Health and Medicare standards as evidenced by criminal background check and fingerprinting.
Meets MHH established requirements for proof of health status.
Reports to the Hospice Manager.
Works with the volunteers and other program staff and Munson employees to insure an organized, well developed volunteer program.
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Home Health.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
5. Plans and supervises delivery of all volunteer services, including development of new opportunities for volunteers in the Hospice program
6. Assigns volunteers to service for patient care, respite care for families, assistance with household chores, program support, committee assignments, fund raising, and other identified program needs.
7. Recruits, interviews, selects, and recognizes volunteers while evaluating volunteer assignments to insure appropriate utilization of volunteers and promote retention.
8. Maintains and monitors a record keeping system which includes services delivered and actual time involved to meet Medicare regulations.
9. Designs and oversees the planning and conducting of volunteer orientation, ongoing education, and support meetings assuring volunteers recognize and follow Hospice’s philosophy, policies, and practices.
10. Facilitates and organizes competency evaluations for volunteer orientation and annually.
11. Counsels and dismisses volunteers when deemed appropriate according to policy.
12. Monitors and evaluates volunteer performance including timely documentation and attendance at educational and support meetings.
13. Attends interdisciplinary team meetings.
14. Employees with e-mail are required to maintain proficiency in the basic functions of the program and are also required to regularly check email and keep calendars up to date.
15. Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online