The Senior Compensation Analyst collaborates with Leadership in development, installation and administration of the organization's Compensation programs. The incumbent of this position participates in the coordination, design, administration, and communication of system-wide compensation programs, policies, and procedures.
This individual will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the community, and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
1. Provides recommendations to and collaborates with leadership in the development and implementation of Compensation policies and procedures.
2. Provides data and guidance to HR Business Partners and Management on compensation matters of moderate to high complexity.
3. Completes analysis of data and information to support the development or modification of internal Associate compensation programs and initiatives. Presents analyses to leadership and makes recommendations relevant to the salary structure, merit pool, and variable pay to ensure market competitiveness.
4. Assures compliance with provisions of FLSA/DOL and other applicable regulatory agencies.
5. Leads and collaborates in the development of workshops for new Managers. Conducts workshops; provides guidance and training to other HR Professionals and Leaders related to compensation.
6. Completes wage analysis and evaluation using internal evaluation system and external market comparison. Partners with Leadership regarding evaluation.
7. Develops, writes, and revises job descriptions. Partners with Leadership regarding evaluation.Serves as administrator for salary survey and pricing system.
8. Researches, recommends and participates in salary surveys.
9. Supports HR Systems team with the creation and modification of compensation data to include job/position code data.
10. Acts as a SME and provides guidance to other compensation team members.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. A Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e. Business Administration, Statistics/Mathematics, Healthcare Admin, Finance, Human Resources) is preferred.
2. A minimum of five years of direct experience in compensation is required.
3. Strong analytical ability with strong mathematical proficiency is required.
4. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and experience with HRIS systems required.
5. Experience in Healthcare Industry, a plus.
6. Experience leading medium to large sized projects is preferred.
7. Professional certification (Certified Compensation Professional, Professional in Human Resources) is preferred.
8. Experience in the administration of wage and hour laws (FLSA), federal, state statutes and regulations that pertain to Compensation is preferred.
9. Effective written and oral communication skills is preferred.