Our seasonal program has changed to our new Supplemental Staffing Program offering full and part time positions. Flexible start dates beginning approximately October for 13 or 26 week agreements. Exact start date and length of agreement will be determined by department and outcome of interview.
Must have experience in the specific unit specialty that you are requesting to work. NCH will contact you regarding your submitted application. Please complete all requested information.
Looking for your spot in the sun this winter, but tired of the hassles of travel nursing? Then the NCH 2019-2020 Supplemental Staffing program is just right for you. Become a part of the team and work for the season without feeling seasonal or temporary.
A supplemental nurse works during periods of peak patient volume for 13 to 26 week agreements with varying start dates. Completion bonuses may apply.
The Registered Nurse independently plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care in patient care situations using standards of care and policy and procedure. Provides direct nursing care to patients. Assumes teaching and leadership responsibilities. Participates in unit committee and quality improvement activities.
The RN will evaluate, continuously assess and care for antenatal & laboring patient through delivery & post-partum periods. Experience in vaginal exams, managing Pitocin & Mag sulfate.
External Candidates to qualify:
- Current RN licensure to work in the state of Florida required.
- BSN strongly preferred.
- Must have 2+ years current RN experience in an acute care setting in required with no less than 1yr of recent L&D experience required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) ACLS, and NRP certifications with American Heart Assoc. required.
- Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course within 6mos of hire.
Internal Candidates to qualify:
- Must meet all of the above requirements.
- Must meet transfer requirements as per the transfer policy.
- Must be in good standing with no corrective actions within the last 12 months.
- Must have a minimum of 2yrs RN experience in L&D.