Bachelors Degree Required
SUMMARY: Clinical Educator for Perioperative Service Line see areas of responsibility below.
The Clinical educator is responsible for clinical programs for orientation, in-service education, continuing education and competence validation. The Clinical educator utilizes the education process to assess learning needs, design educational programs, teach, and evaluate learning outcomes. Knowledge of adult learning theory, learning styles and educational design process is required. This part time position will have responsibility for the Perioperative Service Line to include PACU, Prepo/Discharge, and Preadmission Testing Services.
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Florida.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing preferred. If Master's degree is in nursing the bachelor's degree does not need to be in nursing.
- 3-5 years' experience in an acute care setting in Perioperative Services with OR experience required.
- 1-3 years' experience in as a Clinical Educator preferred.
- Clinical teaching experience required.
- CNOR Certification preferred?
- Certification in Nursing Professional Development preferred.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association required.
- ACLS Provider Certification preferred.
- BLS and ACLS Instructor Certification preferred or must obtain within 6 months.