The Registered Nurse independently plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care in patient care situations using standards of care and policy and procedure. Provides direct nursing care to patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
• Triages patients, verify allergies, symptoms & pharmacy. Utilizes nursing process to develop patient's plan of care which includes assessment, re-assessments, implementations, planning, evaluation and patient teaching.
• Timely and accurate documentation which reflects clinic standards.
• Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
• Review lab and diagnostic test results with patients. Provides patient & family education regarding diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition, and maintenance of health and wellness.
• Instruct patients in collection of samples and tests.
• Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information in Powerchart. Post tests and examination results in EMR.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of Associate's Degree required.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a health care facility or private physician office preferred.
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Florida.
• Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association required.