1. Assess and evaluate all patients according to their specific age development stage and diagnosis.
2. Plans, implements and documents appropriate age-specific care.
3. Provides comprehensive monitoring modalities, to include insertion of invasive lines for all patients receiving anesthesia as indicated.
4. Establishes and manages airways for all anesthetics and emergent situations, using all current techniques. Establishes and monitors region techniques according to own expertise.
5. Checks and maintains anesthetic equipment and supplies
6. Maintains clinical and professional competency according to department policies and procedures
7. Performs duties and conducts interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive image on the department and the medical center.
8. Gives input into performance appraisals on staff as directed by the management team.
9. Coaches and recognize staff for job performance.
10. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
11. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs.
12. Facilitates and provides physiological, developmental, and spiritual care for the patient.
13. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.