1. Leads the development of education to ensure that clinical competency is maintained and current as appropriate for the employee's position description. Assists with all-around staff development to attain higher levels of quality and continuous and professional improvement and provides coaching / remediation as indicated.
2. Responsible for the development and overseeing the delivery of quarterly simulations and clinical rotation opportunities appropriate for critical care, ALS, and ILS/BLS staff respectively
3. Provides regional education to NHRMC's Accountable Zone referral partners in support of strategic goals and marketing objectives and coordinates AirLink referral partner/customer visits, LZ safety lectures and special events.
4. Works with referral partners in the continuous quality improvement of care to patients and rapid recognition, referral and transport to definitive care centers. Helps to establish a quality image for NHRMC and Critical Care Transport.
5. Actively participates on assigned departmental and hospital committees.
6. Responsible for maintaining and delivery of the new employee initial training program. Reviews and revises on an annual basis.
7. Identifies and updates continuing education requirements in order to maintain compliance with all accrediting, regulating and credentialing agencies. Maintains an awareness of current trends in science, academic medicine, and the health care environment in order to plan for an innovative future.
8. Maintains the North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services requirements as an education instructor/coordinator for New Hanover Regional EMS-Specialty Care Transport division. Provides both didactic and clinical instruction. Facilitates obtaining required certifications for staff.
9. Consistently demonstrates professional behavior and performs proactive interventions which support the Mission, Vision and Values of NHRMC and this department.
10. Functions as a resource for dissemination of new information and problem resolution and evaluates new products and equipment.
11. Participates in the interview process and provides input for hiring decisions.
12. Contributes input to clinical components of Staff Performance Evaluations in cooperation with Chief Transport RN and Supervisors.
13. Regularly staffs in the capacity of a staff Paramedic or Nurse (as assigned). Maintains all knowledge, skills, and competencies to perform in this role. (Refer to Professional Registered Nurse or Critical Care Paramedic Job Description, NHREMS – Flight Operations/Critical Care Transport Division).
14. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
15. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
16. Will be available to respond to major casualties and incidents as assigned.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.