1. Demonstrates the standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication and compassion) and uses required service excellence tools to support a positive patient experience.
2. Actively participates in departmental decision making and performance improvement initiatives to improve care, processes and outcomes.
3. Uses critical thinking and problem solving skills to provide services to patients and their families.
4. Coordinates human resource activities including departmental time/attendance; participates in recruitment/orientation/evaluation/discipline/remediation/competency validation of the clinical staff and generates the staff scheduled.
5. Develops policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of patient care in the clinics.
6. Serves as the departmental contact person for issues related to patient care.
7. Maintains ongoing expertise and proficiency in the delivery of clinical care in all assigned areas.
8. Facilitates maximum efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of quality care through review of test results and implementation of appropriate quality control and preventive maintenance procedures and performance improvement monitors. Includes observation of other staff to determine competency in performance of specific tasks.
9. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
10. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
11. Demonstrates accountability for ongoing learning & completion of required annual education/ competencies.
12. Accurately documents relevant patient care information in the medical record within the prescribed timeframe.
13. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
14. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs/goals of the department and the medical center.