In this role, he/she will be responsible to oversee department's specimen receiving section. The position will focus in the outreach patient specimen processing activities. Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Managing the registration, accessioning, order entry and routing for in-house and reference laboratory testing.
- Managing the outreach pending list for timely resolution of missing tests, and/or specimens.
- Effectively communicate with laboratory and outreach management staff for timely resolution of client issues/concerns.
- BS in Medical Technology or related science equivalent required.
- NYS Medical Technology License required; ASCP preferred.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience specimen with processing and testing is a plus.
- Excellent organization and communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in Laboratory Information system.