Verity Health System offers a dynamic environment for individuals dedicated to careers in health care -- whether you seek a clinical or administrative role. Created in December 2015, the new Verity Health System team is working to revitalize our facilities to create a more welcoming, healing environment for our patients. We are investing in new technology to advance our delivery of safe, quality patient care. If you welcome the challenge of re-inventing healthcare for the patients we serve at our Verity Health hospitals and through our Verity Medical Foundation, this could be the opportunity for you. With more than 8,000 employees and physicians, Verity Health is a non-profit, non-religious health care system with 1,650 inpatient beds, six active emergency rooms and host of medical specialties including: orthopedics, transplant surgery, cardiology, maternal/child health and wound care, among other specialties. We are committed to the Verity Values of Caring, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Stewardship and the goal of serving our communities for generations to come.
MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Actively participate in the development and maintenance of specific data bases for quality programs, processes and initiatives.
2. Responsible for quality/risk-related data entry, development of multiple reports based on need (including sorting and aggregation as appropriate), and development of data presentations.
3. Function as hospital resource and department specialist in data base-related issues.
4. Support director, management, administration and medical staff in supplying necessary data from to facilitate performance improvement efforts in the organization. Prioritizes data entry, data analysis, typing, and other support services to achieve production schedules.
5. Participate in quality improvement teams as appropriate and attend meetings as assigned.
6. Collaborate with the Director of Quality Management to prepare quarterly reports to the Board of Directors, Quality Improvement Committee (QIC), Medical staff committees, and Hospital Departments as appropriate.
7. Oversees the performance of day-to-day operation and maintenance of software systems to included updates of the system as indicated, including periodic testing of integrity of the systems/data
8. Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
• Attends all required safety education programs.
• Provides complete and accurate responses to safety questions.
• Operates assigned equipment and performs all procedures in a safe manner as instructed.
• Maintains work area and equipment in condition required by department standards.
• Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions.
9. Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
• Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures, and correct use of protective barrier equipment. Expects the same of other team members.
• Ensures a safe environment by instituting appropriate control measures.
10. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
• Interacts with all of the above in a considerate, helpful, and courteous manner.
• Fosters mature professional relationships with physicians and hospital staff.
• Maintains professional composure and confidence during stressful situations.
• Maintains open communication with Dept. Director / Administration regarding issues.
• Conducts all work activities with respect for rights and wishes of patients, visitors, and families.
• Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information.
• Demonstrates adherence to discipline code of ethics.
11. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and interdepartmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
• Actively participates in department meetings.
• Supports the hospital's mission, policies, and procedures through attendance and participation during committee meetings, where applicable.
• Acts as a professional role model, both clinically and administratively.
• Effectively and confidentially communicates in all professional situations.
12. Demonstrates the behaviors and actions that support Verity Values:
• Respect: We demonstrate that we value others and ourselves through our words and actions.
• Caring: We provide our patients and their families with compassionate, quality care, treating
• Integrity: We act with honesty and transparency and do the right thing.
• Passion: We are dedicated to making a difference in the health of our communities and in the lives of those we serve.
• Stewardship: We are committed to being wise stewards of our resources, creative in our approach to challenges and opportunities, and accountable for the results we want to achieve as a charitable organization.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Requires current CA RN license
• BS in Nursing or BS in Healthcare related field
• CPHQ at the time of hire or as soon as eligible to sit for exam.
• Minimum 3 years clinical experience in a hospital setting and additional experience in related
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills as well as strong negotiation, problem solving skills; basic knowledge of quality improvement and/or auditing principles and tools; basic experience with data base software. Additional experience in related roles (utilization review, case management, staff education or quality auditing preferred.