It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Team Station/Test Scheduling Secretary|
|Facility:||OrthoIndy - Northwest|
|Department:||Northwest Clinic East|
|Hours:||7 am - 9 pm M-F and 845 am - 1230 pm Sat|
1 year of experience required
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provider of support to clinical staff and patients. Schedules patient return visits, tests, injections, etc. at the appropriate facility.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Possible lifting, bending, walking, kneeling, stretching and stooping. On occasion will be required to lift, position or transport, with assistance of other staff, patients in excess of 300 lbs. Sitting for long periods of time. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Data entry requires long hours of computer usage. Requires normal hearing and eyesight to allow for patient interaction. Ability to work in a stressful environment.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Fast-paced orthopaedic medical practice environment. Occasional night or early morning hours as well as the possibility for overtime. Must be able to adjust and adapt to changing conditions which may include changing offices, stations or assignments. This position does require travel to all OrthoIndy locations. Employees will be reimbursed for mileage between locations. Must be able to multitask. Must be professional and organized.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Schedule patients follow up visits.
2. Check out patient which includes checking out patients in EMR making sure patient status is complete in EHR.
3. Responsible for scheduling patient test procedures in a timely manner
4. Must be able to answer phones using appropriate scripting, take messages or transfer patient calls to appropriate department.
5. Must be able to communicate with patients, fellow employees, physicians and physician support staff.
6. Liaison between patient and other external medical test facilities.
7. Schedule all tests ordered by physician at appropriate facility including MRI, CT, bone scans, injections, etc.
8. Responsible for making sure outside facilities receive test orders via fax
9. Responsible for keeping accurate records or statistics of weekly test totals. Complete test tracking log and forward to Clinic Coordinator at the end of each week.
10. Responsible for communicating time, date, and location of a test to the patient and/or patient representative.
11. Responsible for answering test or procedure related questions to patient or patient representative.
12. Responsible for making sure patient is aware of any special requirements prior to test procedures
13. Obtains all necessary authorizations and pre-certifications for tests, etc.
14. Closing procedures: Make sure work area is clean and no patient information is left out. Make sure all patients are checked out in the EMR and EHR at the end of the day. Reconcile and balance money.
15. Assist registration as needed to complete bank deposit and balance money.
16. Responsible for organization of work time and work areas.
17. Responsible for backing up other employees, which may include changing offices, stations or assignments.
18. Assist patients with wheelchair, if needed.
19. All other duties as assigned.
20. Ensure HIPPA compliance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of basic business office procedures. Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type patient information. Skill in operating a computer and photocopy machine. Skill in conversing on the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Experience: At least one year office or medical office experience.
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer