It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Registered Nurse - Pre/Post Op|
|Facility:||Indiana Orthopaedic Hospital|
|Department:||IOH Pre/Post Op|
|Schedule:||Full Time (36+ hrs)|
Associate or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
2 years of experience required
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provides nursing care and service during the preoperative and postoperative periods, integrating and making nursing judgments pertaining to the patient’s condition on a routine and emergency basis. Oversees the supervision of the non-licensed personnel.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Admit patient to all areas within PPOP and PACU and receive/review pre/postoperative report.
2. Contributes to patient assessment through observation and communicates pertinent patient information/data to the registered nurse on an ongoing and timely basis.
3. Completes treatments and procedures as assigned by the registered nurse based upon patient complexity and commensurate with the skill, knowledge and training of the individual.
4. Provides care safely, with adequate quality, quantity and timeliness and according to applicable standards.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and development levels of the patients served.
6. Uses supplies and equipment to achieve cost-effective care.
7. Demonstrates commitment to the organization’s mission.
8. Participates in annual training, education and development activities to improve knowledge and skills to contribute to the learning organization.
9. Sets-up, operates and/or monitors the use of various systems, equipment and instrumentation required for the care of patients.
10. Assists in the transportation, positioning and preoperative preparation of patients.
11. Reviews and initiates physician’s orders, administers medication, parenteal fluids and treatment as needed.
12. Monitors and assesses patient condition throughout postoperative period and reports any unusual symptoms, occurrences or discrepancies to supervisor, anesthesiologist and physician.
13. Performs and records the orders of physicians including administration of medications.
14. Maintains accurate control of supplies and medication including appropriate records as documentation.
15. Maintains nursing notes on the patient record.
16. Provides instruction, information and counseling to patients and their families as needed. Distributes educational material as appropriate.
17. Maintains work areas and equipment in an aseptic and functional manner.
18. Assists in operating room as needed to balance work load and assure proper patient care.
19. Delivers care for identified patient population and scope of service.
20. Demonstrates excellent critical thinking skills while providing excellent customer service behavior.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Accountable for accurate assessment of patient’s condition and quality/reliability of patient care provided, consistent with patient needs, established nursing practice and hospital policy and procedure.
Education: Associates or Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Requires that the RN has graduated from a nursing program accredited through the NLN or CCNE.
Experience: Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience with at least 2 years experience in critical care nursing.
Certificate/License: Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of
Minimal call required.
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer