It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Marketing Specialist - Referring Physician|
|Facility:||OrthoIndy - South|
|Schedule:||Full Time (36+ hrs)|
2-3 years experience
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible for establishing relationships between physicians, referral coordinators and other referral sources. Seeks positive solutions to increase referrals and maintain outstanding customer service. Identifies new referral opportunities and markets. Requires previous sales experience with proven results. Regular weekly travel to physician offices located within a specified territory. Must be able to demonstrate prior experience in business development, event planning and networking. Also assist the marketing staff with team initiatives. These relationships will be facilitated by daily, on-site calls to referral sources. Also responsible to coordinate community relations activities for OrthoIndy.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires travel. Some standing, stooping, bending or reaching required. May require lifting up to 30 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, calculator and telephone. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Regular visits to primary care physician offices via auto travel. Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Achieves maximum clinically appropriate changes in referral patterns among targeted physicians through effective prospecting, presentation, and follow-up skills.
2. Establishes and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of OrthoIndy’s physicians, policies and other programs.
3. Reports barriers and problems to Administration, communicates solutions to physicians, as directed.
4. Plans, conducts, and reports results of physician visits, maximizing time and efficiency.
5. Maintains up-to-date records on all contacts on a computer database.
6. Assumes the role of referring physician advocate by bringing problems and opportunities to the attention of director and Administration. Provides the link for positive feedback on problem resolution. Advises director and Administration on actions that will increase referrals.
7. Coordinates Community Relation’s activities for OrthoIndy when required.
8. Maintains accurate record of Community Relation’s activities, sponsorships and other related events that OrthoIndy participates in throughout the year.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Excellent communication skills (interpersonal/public speaking/written); tact, poise, diplomacy, discretion, judgment; basic knowledge of marketing, computers, and “sales”; self-motivated and ability to work independently; knowledge of OrthoIndy, especially of the physicians and policies; excellent organizational skills.
Education: BA or BS in marketing.
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer