It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
*Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications for the position as stated in the job posting.
*Applicants must submit an additional application for each individual posting in which they are interested and qualified to perform.
Medical Office Assistant (OSFMG) Facility: OSF Medical Group, Bloomington
Bloomington IL, 61704
Department: College Avenue - Podiatry Schedule: full-time Shift: Day Hours: 8:30/9:00-5:30/6:00 Hours Per Pay Period: 80 Referral Bonus: Contact Information:
- Contact: Kathie Reed
Summary:May work in both the clinical and front office functions of the practice providing clerical and patient care support activities at the direction of the physician/provider. The incumbent performs the duties described below in accordance with the specific needs of the practice.
· Maintains unit patient care supplies, ensures timely flow of patients and assists physicians and nurses to provide optimal care to patients and families.
· Documents patient's chief complaint and reason for visit, allergies, and current medications in the chart for review by provider.
· Completes questionnaires and flowsheets appropriately as indicated. Reviews the patient's chart to assure that all records are up-to-date and posted in the correct place.
· Obtains signed consent forms from the patient or guardian. The patient's insurance coverage is assessed for any managed care requirements and notations are made in the chart.
· Assists the provider with procedures as directed. Prepares for PAP's, flex sigs and minor surgeries.
· At the direction of the provider, performs approved waived lab tests/diagnostic testing including but not limited to: wall chart eye tests, tympanograms, pulse oximetry, EKG, spirometry, rapid strep test, finger stick glucose, hematocrit and hearing test, etc..
· Performs order entry and documents the results of the test in the medical record for review by the provider.
Qualifications: This position requires knowledge of patient care activities as well as provider practice office functions normally attained through training as a CMA, MOA or the equivalent in previous training and experience. Previous medical experience is strongly preferred. The incumbent should have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of people. The incumbent must have or obtain within the first 90 days of employment certification in CPR. Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9 codes is preferred. The incumbent should have previous computer experience.
back to top