It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
*Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications for the position as stated in the job posting.
*Applicants must submit an additional application for each individual posting in which they are interested and qualified to perform.
Application Systems Analyst Programmer Facility: Peoria OSF Healthcare System - Corporate Office
Peoria IL, 61603
Department: IT-Info App Services Schedule: full-time Shift: Day Hours: Monday through Friday, 40 hrs per week Hours Per Pay Period: 80 Referral Bonus: Job Details:
Under direct supervision, Application Systems Analyst/ Programmers evaluate, plan, design, configure and project manage implementations of commercial software application systems. Analyze, test, troubleshoot and maintain installed systems and support users. Provide documentation to support system design, testing and training. Assist with the management of customer expectations and customer interactions and participates in team quality management initiatives. This specific role will specialize in reporting from various third party applications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Competent to work on straightforward reporting using Microsoft and SAP/Business Objects tools with minimal assistance from vendor and minimal guidance from coworkers.
- Solves simple system issues without any assistance from Vendor except when the vendor is required to be engaged.
- Participates in the development of report specifications assisting with the facilitation of design, documentation, and development of detailed specifications.
- Assist in management of customer expectations and customer interaction process. Gathers and analyzes customer requirements and expectations. Assess customer level of satisfaction and confidence. Address basic customer issues in an effective and timely manner. Informs customers of changing risks and other challenges. Escalates customer issues as appropriate.
- Assist with Application Configuration and documentation to support OSF business processes. Implements non-complex reporting/data visualization solutions.
- Able to perform basic troubleshooting and research.
- Provides end user support. Provide onsite end-user support as needed (overnight travel may be required).
- Assist with development of procedures
- Assist in development of training plans and curriculum. Organizes training sessions and trainers. Assist in delivering training to groups and individuals. Conducts training evaluation and document feedback.
- Apply fundamental OSF standards across the application portfolio.
- Monitor assigned incidents and service requests in all aspects of support ensuring that deliverables and SLA's are not only met but routinely exceeded.
- Assist with building and maintaining the application knowledge base of documentation ensuring the teams source build and configuration documentation, manuals and procedures are always up to date and stored in central location.
- Assist in conducting and documenting Root Cause Analysis for system outages and application issues
- Engages in efforts to document and investigate simple incidents or incidents across multiple service dependencies, resolve them by using analytical practices.
- Assists with the investigation into problems in your area of expertise by using standard and custom problem management tools and processes, and develop plans and recommendations for improvements.
- Participates in all education activities offered to enhance the reporting role.
- Develop and manage vendor business relationships as required:
- Represents OSF interests and requirements to vendor product and service groups.
- Identifies service and quality issues regarding vendor services.
- Develop straightforward programs with oversight as needed that follows programming standards and techniques to ensure a documented, maintainable, and quality system
- Performs on call duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of healthcare information technology at a level normally acquired through completion of an Associates degree with concentration in Business Administration, Computer Science, Healthcare, or other closely related field in order to understand information technology principles. One certification in area of discipline within 18 months of hire. Certification could be obtained through internally provided training. Certifications must be maintained.
1. One year experience in information systems programming, report writing, and/or analysis including development and maintenance.
2. Business Knowledge preferred in area of focus.
3. Experience with key OSF applications preferred.
4. Experience using SSRS, other MS reporting tools, Crystal Report, and other SAP/Business Objects tools is required
5. Understanding of SQL
D. SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
2. Ability to assist in the development of detailed specifications for configuration of OSF Applications.
3. Ability to participate in the facilitation and documentation of design sessions.
4. Ability to effectively use basic Information Services tools.
5. Ability to evaluate, test, and troubleshoot basic application issues.
6. Ability to test and document the results of testing for supported reports.
7. Additional skills and abilities defined in role specific competency model.
8. Basic knowledge of desktop applications. (MS Office )
9. Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
10. Spend their time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
11. Encourages teamwork within the Community of Caregivers by building trusting relationships with all encountered in daily work through positive interactions. Promotes a "we" atmosphere, never "them vs. us." Never says, "That's not my job." Demonstrates respect for coworkers by arriving on time and avoiding last-minute requests. Cooperate with Community of Caregivers to ensure positive outcomes.
back to top