It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
*Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications for the position as stated in the job posting.
*Applicants must submit an additional application for each individual posting in which they are interested and qualified to perform.
Health Care Data Specialist Facility: Peoria OSF Healthcare System - Corporate Office
Peoria IL, 61603
Department: Decision Support Schedule: full-time Shift: Day Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm Hours Per Pay Period: 80.00 Referral Bonus: Job Details:
Reports to the Manager Strategic Measurement and Business Analytics, the Health Care Data Specialist provides timely, validation, innovative analysis, and interpretation of health care utilization and claims data utilizing computer applications designed for data analysis. Responsible for the compilation and development key information related to strategic priorities including healthcare utilization trends, population health utilization and trends, quality measures, and patient demographic information. This activity will routinely require analytical insight, interpretation, and recommendations to management of opportunities to improve clinical and operational performance.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. A bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration, mathematics, epidemiology, bio-statistics, public health or other related field, or equivalent experience. Master's level course work is desirable.
2. Greater than five years experience in a role within healthcare decision support, epidemiology, public health, insurance is required.
3. Reporting and analysis experience is required.
4. Must be proficient in the use of computers and programs that specialize in data collection.
5. Strong analytical skills are required to address operational and system related problems, to gather and interpret financial and clinical data, and to prepare clear, concise management reports.
6. Working knowledge of database tools (SQL, Excel Pivot Tables, MS SQL Server) and enterprise business intelligence tools such as SAP Business Objects is highly preferred.
7. Comfort analyzing large data sets
8 Understanding of healthcare data and key concepts in the Managed Care and Disease Management industries.
9. Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
10. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
11. Self-motivated individual.
12. Strong work execution, including: ownership of individual tasks and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team; ability to provide input into, feedback on, and follow a project schedule.
13. Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are required to share complex information with OSF Healthcare System personnel.
14. Previous experience preparing and delivering both small and large group presentations to administrators, physicians, and others is required. Previous experience training individuals in software applications is desirable.
back to top