It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
*Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications for the position as stated in the job posting.
*Applicants must submit an additional application for each individual posting in which they are interested and qualified to perform.
Application Administrator III Facility: OSF Healthcare System - Ministry Services, Peoria
Peoria IL, 61603
Department: IT-E-Business Schedule: full-time Shift: Day Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm Hours Per Pay Period: 80.00 Referral Bonus: Contact Information:
- Contact: Brandi McCombs
Area of Focus: MS SharePoint
Under general direction this Applications Administrator III will support the installation, design, development, implementation, performance monitoring/tuning of OSF HealthCare System’s SharePoint Environment. The Application Administrator III must understand complex, mission-critical processes and be able to apply technical expertise to the maintenance and effective use of SharePoint, related applications, and processes. These areas are needed to assure initial and ongoing application availability, reliability and serviceability according to business needs. This role ensures that SharePoint and its related applications are consistently managed as a service to the business community. This position is accountable for the application environment and all activities related to production management and problem resolution. Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced SharePoint Administrators.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Competent to work on complex application systems installation, design, development, implementation, performance, upgrades and specific monitoring of SharePoint:
- Provides technical leadership, and training to less experienced staff.
- Tasks include a high level of technical variation and difficulty, performed and with deadlines and heavy workloads.
- Possesses and applies a broad range of expertise of principles, practices and procedures of particular function to the completion of difficult and complex assignments.
- This role provides consultation and advice on major implementation ensuring services are not compromised and provide technical leadership on integration of various related systems. This includes a thorough understanding of server, network, database, and content/information infrastructure.
2. Competent to work on the most complex end-to-end SharePoint configuration without any assistance from Vendor except when the vendor is required to be engaged.
3. Perform application installation, content migrations, configuration, and upgrades:
- Primary role for identifying and interpreting customer requirements.
- Configure SharePoint to support OSF business processes.
- Evaluate present data and system configuration.
- Develop installation plan for more complex installs.
- Document system installation, configuration procedures, and current configuration.
- Install, configure, and test new application software and software upgrades.
- Perform quality checks on outcomes of work performed.
- Provide technical leadership and experience to prevent and/or solve production related issues with applications.
4. Perform usability testing:
- Develop test scenario, test environment, and evaluation measures for complex deployments.
- Prepare and pilot test materials on sample user group.
- Administer usability test.
- Analyze test data and make recommendations for further testing and/or product design modifications.
- Document usability test process, scenarios, findings, and recommendations.
- Translates technical specifications and requirements into a language appropriate to the intended audience.
5. Perform complex troubleshooting:
- Analyze problem and research solutions.
- Identify, test, and implement solutions.
- Manage system resolution with available resources.
- Communicate technical solutions and implementation processes.
- Document hardware and software problems and resolutions .
6. Conduct and document Root Cause Analysis for system outages and/or major application issues
7. Lead and Develop Procedures
8. Solves the most complex system issues without any assistance from Vendor except when the vendor is required to be engaged. Provides technical leadership to ensure proper issue resolution.
9. Proactively tracks and investigates problems with SharePoint by using standard and custom problem management tools and processes, and develop plans and recommendations for improvements.
10. Proactively engages in efforts to document and investigate escalated incidents or incidents across multiple service dependencies, resolve them by using innovative analytical practices.
11. Manages customer expectations and customer interaction process. Gathers and analyzes customer requirements and expectations. Assesses customer level of satisfaction and confidence and reconfirms expectations throughout the project. Addresses customer issues in an effective and timely manner. Informs customers of changing risks and other challenges and drives customer reevaluation of needs and expectations. Ensures that the technology solution meets the needs and expectations of the customer.
12. Gathers and analyzes end-user input. Provides onsite end user support as needed (overnight travel may be required). Assesses workflow processes. Manage working relationships with end-users. Acts as liaison between groups. Manages demands from multiple end-users. Solicits end-user feedback and applies input to improve quality of service. Documents and communicates end-user feedback and requests.
13. Perform monitoring and maintenance of relevant SharePoint services within boundaries set by OSF HealthCare System:
- Perform system and or application diagnostics when necessary.
- Evaluate maintenance processes and outcomes.
- Communicate and document maintenance procedures and system status.
14. Develop and manage vendor business relationships as required:
- Represent OSF interests and requirements to vendor product and service groups.
- Contributes to the formulation of future service and product requirements with vendor.
- Identifies and resolves service and quality issues regarding vendor services.
15. Provide, apply and reinforce industry best practices and OSF standards across the application portfolio.
16. Participates in all education activities offered to enhance the A.A. role.
17. Assists in developing work plans, provides guidance and directs activities of staff in order to maximize productivity. Monitors quality of work to ensure that services and solutions delivered meet business requirements and are based on departmental standards.
18. Monitor incidents and service requests in all aspects of application support ensuring that deliverables and SLA's are not only met but routinely exceeded.
19. Performs on call duties as assigned.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of healthcare information technology at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelors degree with concentration in Business Administration, Computer Science, Healthcare, or other closely related field in order to understand information technology principles. At least two certifications completed in area of discipline within 18 months of hire. Certification could be obtained through internally provided training. Certifications must be maintained.
1. Minimum of 4 years information technology experience (Healthcare industry preferred).
2. Business Knowledge preferred in area of focus.
3. Experience with key OSF applications preferred.
4. Experience with application implementation and support.
5. Experience leading others preferred.
D. SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to communicate appropriately to all levels of the organization.
2. Ability to develop detailed specifications for complex configuration of OSF Applications.
3. Ability to facilitate and document complex application design sessions.
4. Ability to effectively use complex Information Services tools.
5. Ability to evaluate, test, and troubleshoot complex application issues.
6. Ability to develop detailed integrated test scripts, comprehensively test, and document the results of testing for the application supported.
7. Additional skills and abilities defined in role specific competency model.
8. Knowledge of network, server, database, and messaging technologies as it applies to SharePoint.
9. Ability to facilitate projects from requirements gathering, scoping, obtaining buy-in from other departments/business units, planning, and implementing the technology/application solutions.
10. Proficient operation of desktop applications. (MS Office and MS Project)
11. Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
12. Spend their time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
13. Encourages teamwork within the Community of Caregivers by building trusting relationships with all encountered in daily work through positive interactions. Promotes a "we" atmosphere, never "them vs. us." Never says, "That's not my job." Demonstrates respect for coworkers by arriving on time and avoiding last-minute requests. Cooperate with Community of Caregivers to ensure positive outcomes
14. Must be dependable in meeting commitments, handling change, being accountable, and focused under pressure.
15. Ability to show a high quality of work while at the same time being productive.
16. Ability to show continued improvements in the way OSF does business - workflow - efficiency of supported applications.
17.Ability to bring a team together to solve production problems quickly and efficiently.
back to top