It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
*Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications for the position as stated in the job posting.
*Applicants must submit an additional application for each individual posting in which they are interested and qualified to perform.
Senior Data Integration Specialist Facility: OSF Saint Francis, Inc., Peoria
Peoria IL, 61615
Department: Ambulatory Informatics Schedule: full-time Shift: Day Hours: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday Hours Per Pay Period: 80.00 Referral Bonus: Job Details:
Reporting to the Manager of Data Integration, the Senior Data Integration Specialist develops efficient reporting solutions and instructs users on the appropriate use of information provided in support of the OSFMG Physician Practices, OSF Service Lines, and OSF Multi-specialty physicians. This involves comprehensive data mining, analysis, and interpretation of information from the various applications used by those we serve. This position is responsible for partnering with users and business leaders to understand the data need and intended use of information. The Ambulatory Informatics department works in a very complex and dynamic environment that requires team members to often respond to conflicting and frequently changing priorities. Specific duties include gathering of information from users, translating that information into criteria necessary to gather the data, analyzing the data for inconsistencies, independently validating results, documenting their work, and educating users on the correct interpretation and use of the final result. This work requires advanced knowledge and continual development of skills in Microsoft tools such as Access, Excel, and SQL Server Management Studio as well as Crystal Reports, Business Objects, and Xcelsius.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Five to seven years of experience in handling healthcare information and interacting with users. Understanding of clinical and business operations as well as applications used to support them is highly desired.
2. A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and proficiency in creating, using and maintaining complex spreadsheets and relational databases.
3. Must be able to manage risk and ambiguity, work effectively with customers to define scope, and be able to manage multiple and often changing priorities. Must have excellent time management skills required to deliver high-quality reports and information in a dynamic environment with critical deadlines.
4. Excellent PC application skills (Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access, Excel, etc.) are required with the ability to become an expert in new information systems quickly. Able to evaluate technology in the context of process and information requirements and utilize that understanding in report creation.
5. Strong analytical skills to address operational and system problems, to gather and interpret clinical, financial, and operational data, and to prepare clear, concise management reports for improving the processes and/or services of the businesses we support.
6. Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are required to share complex information with physicians, management, clinical staff, and any other business leaders within OSF.
7. Proven leadership skills in organization, team building, training, and problem solving.
back to top