It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
*Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications for the position as stated in the job posting.
*Applicants must submit an additional application for each individual posting in which they are interested and qualified to perform.
Patient Access Services Representative Facility: OSF St. Joseph Medical Center
Bloomington IL, 61701
Department: Revenue Cycle Patient Access - SJMC Schedule: part-time Shift: Variable Hours: 2nd shift 3-11pm, 2 days/week, rotating weekends Hours Per Pay Period: 32 Referral Bonus: Job Details:
Part-time - 2nd shift (3pm-11pm), twice a week with rotating weekends. Must be willing to work holidays.
Responsible for completing the financial clearance process within Patient Access Services (PAS) and creating the first impression of OSF’s services to patients and families and other external customers. Must be able to articulate information in a manner that patients, guarantors and family members know what to expect and have an understanding of their financial responsibilities.
The Patient Access Representative I may be responsible for:
- Scheduling and Transcribing
- Financial Clearance:
- Insurance and benefits verification
- Referral management
- Patient liability collections
- Medical necessity check
- Interviewing patients and guarantors to obtain information to screen for financial counseling, verifying eligibility and corresponding benefit levels, coordinating referrals and obtaining treatment authorizations.
- Pre-Service and Point of Service Collection
This position impacts the clinical and financial risk to the organization when collecting and documenting information on behalf of the patient.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Completion of high school or its equivalent. Minimum of one to two years in an office clerical setting or customer service environment is preferred. Experience with office applications and Internet.
- Basic knowledge medical terminology is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Revenue Cycle principles.
- Requires basic knowledge of standard office applications and website navigation.
- Requires strong attention to detail and ability to obtain and record information accurately.
- Requires communication skills to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing with peers, supervisors, payers, physicians, patients, other departments, etc.
- Ability to understand, interpret, evaluate and resolve basic patient service issues.
- Basic problem solving skills to address payer and patient issues appropriately and know when to ask for assistance.
- Requires conflict management skills, and time management skills.
It is the obligation of each employee of OSF Healthcare System to abide by and promote the Philosophy, Values, Mission and Vision of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis.
back to top